F.A. Cup 1st round

Stu

Well kids one of my favourite times of the year is nearly upon us, the first round proper of the F.A. Cup!! Does anyone know if we'll be able to watch any of the matches on FSWC or Sportsnet?? I see FSC is showing the Merthyr Tydfil vs. Walsall match next friday and the Chasetown vs Oldham Athletic next sunday. I'm hoping either one will pick up the matches as I really enjoy watching these under-dog sides get their moment in the sun going up against the big-boys hoping for an upset. Didn't Sportsnet show the matches last season??

Thought it was FSWC?

Somehow recall being in a lounge last year for a couple of eye openers before a business meeting and watching some early round FA Cup footie and being impressed that it was even on. Was going to ditch the meeting but it was one of those "off-track betting" places and lost the big screen to some late harness racing from God-knows-where.

Just as well I suppose. Don't think the Big Cheese would have been to happy finding me in the hotel lounge in stead of the meeting all pissed up and yelling at a delayed broadcast of King's Diaper vs Bentover, Grin & Tookit.

Agreed. Absolutely love the FA Cup. Start to finish.

Well the match was televised on Viewers Choice PPV, and yes I did decide to splash the cash to watch it. The final in an entertaining match was Merthyr 1 - 2 Walsall. Did anyone else who watched it notice the Canadian Flag drapped over the advertising boards??

Yep, watched the match. Very entertaining and it was good to see Chasetown earn a replay at Oldham's Boundary Park. Even though Oldham almost ended their dream late in the game.

The Canadian flag was on the far touch -line, on the right half of the pitch (from the camera's point of view) about the 25 yard line.

Archived