The CanadaSoccer.com site is very...

Moosehead

unreliable for Canadians abroad. They have De Guzman at Hannover and Budalic with the Montreal Impact. Can someone help me find out where these players are now playing.Hirschfeld, McKenna, Klukowski, Brennan, Bernier, Hutchinson, De Guzman and Radzinski.

All of these players are in the Mother of all Canadians Abroad thread at the top of the page.

Hirschfeld-Tromso (Norwegian First Division)

McKenna-Energie Cottbus (German second division)

Klukowski-Club Brugge (Belgian First Division)

Brennan-Norwich City (English League Championship)

Bernier-Tromso (Norwegian First Division)

Hutchinson-Helsingborg (Swedish First Division)

De Guzman-Dep.La Coruna (La Liga)

Radzinski-Fulham (English Premier League)

Well, mods now you know what I mean about people not looking at the ol' MOACA, and why I didn't post that help finding list in the MOACA thread.

By the by, Lars/Patrice are in the Norwegian Tippeligaen not the first division. I know what you mean :) but the first division is actually the second level in Norway. That's why the MOACA has the naming convention it does.

In the two months since the last archiving I quickly counted about 17 changes. About half for the good.

A couple of people (I think one was Marc?) were talking about working on the list posted on the main site. I don't know what came of that. Meanwhile, Joe is doing an excellent job on the forum. Perhaps we should take down the list on the site until it's updated.

quote:Originally posted by DJT

A couple of people (I think one was Marc?) were talking about working on the list posted on the main site. I don't know what came of that. Meanwhile, Joe is doing an excellent job on the forum. Perhaps we should take down the list on the site until it's updated.

You know that's the second time I've heard about that and I still don't know where it is. Went to the main site but I can't find it. What's the url?

What happened to the Canadians abroad page on the old website? Was it saved? I think it was Marc and Ray who worked on it. It had profiles and a list of players' team histories and photos. Great stuff.

Oops, my mistake. I got confused by the title of this thread, thinking it was our site (I always get confused between "canadasoccer.com" and "canadian-soccer.com"). You're right Joe, there is no list on our main site. I was thinking of the old list, same one you're referring to. If anyone then it would have been Jarrek or one of the people maintaining it who would have saved it? However, I think you can still find it at the Internet Archive — indeed, here it is (last version they have archived - January 31, 2004).

quote:Originally posted by DJT

Oops, my mistake. I got confused by the title of this thread, thinking it was our site (I always get confused between "canadasoccer.com" and "canadian-soccer.com"). You're right Joe, there is no list on our main site. I was thinking of the old list, same one you're referring to. If anyone then it would have been Jarrek or one of the people maintaining it who would have saved it? However, I think you can still find it at the Internet Archive — indeed, here it is (last version they have archived - January 31, 2004).

Thanks for the url, that's how I remember it. Great, great job on that, the previous clubs, maps and notes.

As for the CSA sites they are full of errors, especially the Canadian players abroad. Of the 67 players on it there were 40 mistakes, and that's not counting their names being misspelled.

So, thanks to the worldwide network of Vs we're fairly accurate but lots of questions remain.

Men's profiles

http://www.canadasoccer.com/eng/nationals/roster.asp?top=banner_legs#8834;=3

Canadian Players Abroad

http://www.canadasoccer.com/eng/abroad/index.asp?sub=5

Actually I think I sent the MOACA to them quite awhile ago. No response and obviously no changes. I don't think the website is a real priority.

Archived