Dunfermline's plastic pitch battle continues......

argh1

After hearing Dunfermline's appeal the SFA has sent the matter back to the SPL "on meeting irregularity grounds". But the SFA has ruled that artificial fields approved by FIFA are OK for Scottish Cup matches and added that clubs like Rangers and Celtic should get used to playing on these surfaces as they will become more common in Europe? As UEFA has accepted FIFA approval of artifical fields.

In any event the SFA failed to rule on the matter directly and found technicalities about the SPL meeting itself as a reason to send the matter back to the SPL.

I don't know how the SPL thinks that they can deny any FIFA approved surface for anything. That's just crazy. A rotten, steaming load of rubbish so far as I'm conceaned.

And yeah, crap replica or no, get used to it. It's inevitable.

And one last thing, I'm bet you it's a superior ground than most in the SPL for much of the winter.

(one more week to go bhoys, one more week to go:))

quote:Originally posted by argh1

After hearing Dunfermline's appeal the SFA has sent the matter back to the SPL "on meeting irregularity grounds". But the SFA has ruled that artificial fields approved by FIFA are OK for Scottish Cup matches and added that clubs like Rangers and Celtic should get used to playing on these surfaces as they will become more common in Europe? As UEFA has accepted FIFA approval of artifical fields.

In any event the SFA failed to rule on the matter directly and found technicalities about the SPL meeting itself as a reason to send the matter back to the SPL.

0843176547L.gif

quote:Originally posted by Cheeta

I don't know how the SPL thinks that they can deny any FIFA approved surface for anything. That's just crazy. A rotten, steaming load of rubbish so far as I'm conceaned.

And yeah, crap replica or no, get used to it. It's inevitable.

And one last thing, I'm bet you it's a superior ground than most in the SPL for much of the winter.

(one more week to go bhoys, one more week to go:))

0749851872.02.TZZZZZZZ.jpg

Archived