Last second Holland trip: Tickets? Anyone else go?

Guest speedmonk42

Guest speedmonk42

Hi, I was going then I was not, now at the last second I am going again.

I tried to buy tickets online, but it will not let me. Says it is too close to the date.

Is anyone from here going to the games or have any suggestions on where to buy tickets? I know there are some outlets there, guess I will have to do that when I arrive.

quote:Originally posted by speedmonk42

Hi, I was going then I was not, now at the last second I am going again.

I tried to buy tickets online, but it will not let me. Says it is too close to the date.

Is anyone from here going to the games or have any suggestions on where to buy tickets? I know there are some outlets there, guess I will have to do that when I arrive.

Yo!

Here's some info I have from volleying e-mails back and forth with the ticketing agency Ticketbox. I tried booking a ticket online, but the net didn't seem to want my card to jive. The bottom e-mail was received yesterday. Names have been concealed to protect identities:

------------

Dear Burt Reynolds,

It is not sure that it's possible to buy tickets at the stadion, when

are tickets avaible you can buy them at one of the toussaind salepoints

in Holland.

Every free record shops sales them.

It is not possible to reserve them.

Good luck,

Kind Regards,

Loni Andersen

TicketBox

------------------

Free Record shop is a chain like HMV. The Ticketbox folks seem uncertain if you can buy a ticket at the gate. Your best bet is to go to Kerkradde (sp?) find the stadium or a Free Record shop and buy a ticket there. Or maybe find a scalper around the stadium. I plan to go to next week's COL-CDA match in Tilburg, and it being the 'torso' of the three game set, could prove to be both pivotal and exciting.

Oh and if you want to indulge in the cheeba experience, no need to go to Amsterdam, as Maastricht is alot closer to Kerkradde(sp?) and has some coffee shops; enabling you to find the right kind of stuff to achieve that THC assisted mellow. Though the Dutch were bandying something around about not allowing foreigners to utilise coffee shops, but of this I am uncertain.

Free Record Shop's are TicketBox outlets, as are a good chunk of the country's tobacco shops/convenience stores. That's how I went about buying Ajax tickets.

And there are no restrictions on foreigners in coffee shops at the moment. Any large city (100,000 or more) should have a decent selection of coffee shops, or so I've been told.

Originally posted by speedmonk42 - 06/10/2005 : 07:04:29</u>

Canada not the only place with problems

Ok so maybe some of what we complain about is universal.

1. Arrive. No tourist info center, 3 agents, 2 locations even know the event is on. They have no idea where to buy tickets.

2. Took the advice of someone on the forum to check out the "Free Record Shops" aka Ticket Box.

3. Yes They know it exists, but have not recieved any of the tickets so they cant' print any.

4. Next day, the recieved tickets, but the bar codes were printed the wrong color so they do not work in the machines.

5. New tickets will not arrive unil June 17th.

6. Solution? Combined total of like 16 hours of train rides to all the different cities to buy the tickets, which may or may not be available at the stadium before the event.

Originally posted by An Observer - 06/10/2005 : 07:15:59</u>

I thought you could buy them online at the club sites for each of the venues. For example, Roda FC for Kerkrade, and Willem II for Tilburg.

quote:Originally posted by DJT

Originally posted by speedmonk42 - 06/10/2005 : 07:04:29</u>

6. Solution? Combined total of like 16 hours of train rides to all the different cities to buy the tickets, which may or may not be available at the stadium before the event.

So if I may be so bold as to ask, where did you secure your ticket(s)? Was it at the stadium itself, or somewhere else? If you can forward any info on where to get tickets in Tilburg, that would be greatly appreciated.

I would check the team websites for the stadiums....i remember looking before and you could buy a ticket through them. I think Roda FC is for Kerkrade and Willem II for Tilburg...look on the FIFA site under the venues section for the U-20s...they have links to the clubs websites

quote:Originally posted by An Observer

I would check the team websites for the stadiums....i remember looking before and you could buy a ticket through them. I think Roda FC is for Kerkrade and Willem II for Tilburg...look on the FIFA site under the venues section for the U-20s...they have links to the clubs websites

Just contacted the Willem ii, and they say that at the stadium on matchday should be fine. I was worried that tickets may be in short supply, but with only 3500 out of a possible 14,800 there yesterday, I don't think I should have any problems.

Archived