Oh, boiz another proposed Stadium in Canada?

argh1

Yes, just furious. I can feel the rage already. Several decapitations of innocent strangers at have already taken place due to our wrath and fury, and that's just in the last 30 seconds. We are now on our way to wreak untold havoc, carnage and destruction on York University's campus for their pulling of the proposed stadium.

Oh, well guys all that other stuff about the the stadium in that city by the inland sea aside.

According to to-days paper Athletics Canada approved the plan to house the athletes and officials at the residences of Atlantic Baptist University, Université de Moncton, and Mount Allison University as well as the stadium plan which has to be a minimum 10,000 seater. Practice facilities will be the ABU and Mt.A tracks (I know ABU is an all weather track for sure).

Also according to the paper that Canada, with Moncton being the only bid city, and Tunisia are considered the only serious canadidates. (and a local paper never exaggerates)But we'll see in early Sept.

A word on the CFL bid using this stadium. The word on the street is that a family who owns one of the largest refineries in Canada (all the oil from Arabian peninsula, and South America) who won the contract for the gasification of all the off shore natural gas, who owns one of the largest fleets of ships in Canada, has a large interest in frozen foods, built the frigates for the Canadian Navy, has a bunch of media interests, owns the inter city Maritime bus company, pulp and paper up the ying-yang, at one time had a Ford dealership that all company cars were leased from all in plain dark blue.....I'm out of breath...and a bunch of other stuff, and at one time it was claimed that one out of every three New Brunswickers worked for this family. Is the money behind the CFL bid. But this maybe more of pick a rich guy any rich guy rumour.But as we always add under our breath what they want is what they get [}:)]

But I pick Molson Breweries as the money people as their new brewery in Moncton will open around the same time and they'll want to take on Moosehead full force ;)

EDIT: Being a natural cynic I don't believe either the 2008 World Junior Track & Field championship or CFL will ever happen in Moncton.

But then again I'd never have believed a Rolling Stones,Tragically Hip, Our Lady Peace, Maroon5, Les Trois Accords concert in Moncton in September would have sold-out all 70,000 tickets in late May early June but it happened. At the Papal site....I'm glad I'm not answering phones at city hall. I know Moncton-Riverview-Dieppe is only 120,000 folk but the Chamber of Commerce keeps telling us there's one million within a two and a half hour drive, maybe with the 70,000 tickets sold I shouldn't doubt them.( But maybe you could say that about any of the 4 or 5 major cities in the Maritimes )

Does anybody who bought those tickets remember the 60's even those who were alive then?

The best chance for Atlantic Canada to get a really good stadium with no track around it would be if the CFL expands to Halifax after the game between T.O. and the Hammer. But first they need somebody to step up with the money for a 25,000 seater. I was watching prime time sports on sportsnet yesterday and they were saying that every other major populated area in the country has a significant stadium that was built using federal cash, but the maritimes have been screwed over. Even though the maritimes always do an excellent job hosting major events.

quote:Originally posted by Alex

The best chance for Atlantic Canada to get a really good stadium with no track around it would be if the CFL expands to Halifax after the game between T.O. and the Hammer. But first they need somebody to step up with the money for a 25,000 seater. I was watching prime time sports on sportsnet yesterday and they were saying that every other major populated area in the country has a significant stadium that was built using federal cash, but the maritimes have been screwed over. Even though the maritimes always do an excellent job hosting major events.

http://www.herald.ns.ca/stories/2005/06/11/fSports227.raw.html

• 1 month later...

To-day City of Moncton officials backed by provincial and federal honchos as well as Athletics Canada are in Helsinki making the final bid to host the 2008 World Jr track meet.......c'mon give us the freakin' stadium!

Archived