Canadians abroad: June 3-9, 2005

DJT

Canadians abroad on TV this week

Notes: This list may be incomplete or inaccurate. Generally only premiere broadcasts are listed (in particular, FSWC repeats are not listed). All broadcasts are live unless otherwise noted. All times are EDT.

Saturday, June 4

10:30 PM on FSWC — United States: Major League Soccer

San Jose (Dwayne De Rosario, Pat Onstad) vs. DC United

Guidelines for this thread

[*]In this thread post match updates on all Canadians abroad for June 3-9, 2005.

[*]If you find updates posted in some other thread or on the other Voyageurs forum then post them here as well, but be sure to credit the original poster.

[*]If there is news that is particularly significant (eg. someone scores a big goal, someone gets injured, etc.) then feel free to begin a new thread on that topic in order to draw greater attention or start a discussion, but also post that news here.

[*]Some comments on news posted in this thread are okay, but let's not let this thread go off into a long discussion. If the news already appears in another thread (as per the previous bullet) then post your comments in that other thread, otherwise if you want to say something significant or if it is likely to generate replies then begin a new thread.

Guest Jeffery S.

Disappointing result for De Jong's Helmond Sport, who missed out a chance to go first in their group yesterday with a 1-1 draw to Zwolle. They are playing in a group of four with the top team going up, as is Sparta Rotterdam has 9 points, Helmond with 8, two matches left. The draw to Zwolle was this latter team's only point in the round so far.

Note I edited this after erring on the earlier post. For some reason rsssf had Sparta confirmed for top flight with no list of the remaining games, so I thought it was already over.

Rocco Placentino was subbed out in the 60th minute as Cavese tied Juve Stabia 0-0 in the second leg of the C2C playoff semi today. The match was played behind closed doors in Frosinone. Cavese win 1-0 on aggregate. Cavese will now play Gela on June 12/19 to decide which team promotes to Serie C1.

Julian Uccello came on in the 80th minute as Savona tied Versilia 1-1 in the Serie D Girone A playout. This is Julian's last game with Savona. I believe that Savona will now be relegated on the away goals rule (the first match ended 0-0 in Versilia). Alberto can correct me if I'm wrong.

quote:Originally posted by Massive Attack

Julian Uccello came on in the 80th minute as Savona tied Versilia 1-1 in the Serie D Girone A playout. This is Julian's last game with Savona. I believe that Savona will now be relegated on the away goals rule (the first match ended 0-0 in Versilia). Alberto can correct me if I'm wrong.

Savona will remain in serie d next year. It is not decided by away goals they only needed to tie it the final game it is decided on who was the highest in points in the final season. Versilia needed to win today and the tie came at the 95 minute mark with only one minute left in the game. Versilia will be relegated next year into Excellence league.

here are some pics of the celebration in today match.

their celebration of their 95 minute tying goal

1445.jpg

Julian given his jersey to his tifosi in his last game with Savona

1444.jpg

action shot thinking he scored in his first minute entry but the ball bounces of the cross bar and out.

1572.jpg

Archived