under 20 tv schedule

jaydog2006

quote:Originally posted by jaydog2006

Sportsnet

Sunday June 12)Syria vs Canada 4:30

Wed. June 15)Canada vs Columbia 1:30

Saturday June 18)Italy vs Canada 9:30

All times est.

I am assuming that the first two are in the PM and the last match is in the AM. Also, Seems like the first game will not be shown live in some regions. is that correct?

quote:Originally posted by jaydog2006

Sportsnet

Sunday June 12)Syria vs Canada 4:30

Wed. June 15)Canada vs Columbia 1:30

Saturday June 18)Italy vs Canada 9:30

All times est.

Those are not correct.

First, those are broadcast end times. Start times are 2 hours earlier in each case: 2:30 PM, 11:30 AM, 7:30 AM, all Eastern. These are all live times.

Second, the Syria match will be live on digital only. Without digital you will have to wait until a later time:

East - 12:00 AM Eastern

Ontario - 12:00 AM Eastern

West - 11:00 PM Mountain

Pacific - 12:00 AM Pacific

Third, according to Sportsnet's site the Italy match will not be available live in the West region, but rather only on delay at 8:00 AM Mountain. However, I have to wonder if this is an error because it doesn't really make sense. Even the Pacific region will get to see it live at 4:30 AM Pacific.

There are also various repeats of each match.

The issue here is local versus digital feeds. This seems to come up every year. Here's an edited version of how I explained it last year:

Essentially there are 8 Sportsnet feeds:

- Sportsnet East Local

- Sportsnet East Digital

- Sportsnet Ontario Local

- Sportsnet Ontario Digital

- Sportsnet West Local

- Sportsnet West Digital

- Sportsnet Pacific Local

- Sportsnet Pacific Digital

Without digital you receive only the local feed for your region. With digital you receive the three digital feeds from the three regions other than your own, and you may or may not receive your own region's digital feed.

Syria vs. Canada will be broadcast live on Sportsnet East Digital (not the same as Sportsnet East Local!!!) and Sportsnet West Digital (not the same as Sportsnet West Local!!!) . This means that if you are in the Pacific or Ontario regions you have two choices because you receive both of these feeds, but if you are in the West or East regions then you have only one choice.

If you want to see a schedule of what you can watch, when on Sportsnet's schedule page you have to make sure that you have selected the correct region at the top (the "Switch Regions" box). What will be displayed will be your own region's local feed and the other three regions' digital feeds. What you see for the other three regions is not necessarily what people in those regions are receiving!!! Rather, it is only what you are receiving on those digital feeds.

The other confusing thing about Sportsnet's schedule is that they use "broadcast days" rather than "calendar days". A "broadcast day" begins at 6:00 AM. Therefore, even though Italy vs. Canada is listed at 4:30 AM Pacific on June 17, that's June 18 in the real world.

quote:Originally posted by Blue and White Army

Shall we record these and distribute them as torrents?

Massive Attack, do you have a TV tuner in your computer?

I don't have a tv tuner, but if someone could capture these games (especially in the Toronto area, to speed things up), I would be willing to create the torrents.

If no-one in Canada with a tuner steps up, I might look into getting one.

Archived