English Championship League/&Playoff finals

argh1

Well as we await the winner of the Preston North End/West Ham game.

It has been announced that this 2nd tier league has had the highest attendance since 1952-53 at 17,400 average. I'm sure if Wednesday manage to win their playoff in League 1 this will boost the total as the Owls average in League 1 was 24,000

I thought I'd change the topic a bit as the Football League playoff finals are this week at Milinieum Stadium:

Championship League; Preston North End/West Ham May 30. To join Sunderland and Wigan in the EPL.

League 1; Hartlepool/Sheffield Wednesday May 29. To join Luton and Hull in Championship League.

League 2; Lincoln/Southend May 28 to join Yeovil,S****horpe and Swansea in League 1

Conference National; Barnet go up as champions and Carlisle join them in League 2 as Carlisle already won the playoff at Villa Park in front of 13,400 last week.

Oh my gawd, Wednesday won the play-off. The Sheff Utd./Sheff Wednesday rivalry is on. As with the other major Yorkshire team Leeds Utd.

Almost 60,000 to watch the Hartlepool/Owls match. Play-offs sure ain't hurt Football League ;)

Archived