Last day in the Scottish Premier League [R]

DJT

I was busy following the penultimate day of Serie A when out of the corner of my eye I saw something interesting on Livescore. I knew that Celtic led Rangers by 2 points going into the last day, and when I saw them leading Motherwell 1-0 in the 87th minute I figured it was over. But then, next time I looked, Motherwell were winning 2-1! It turned out Motherwell had scored goals in the 88th and 90th+ (both by the same player, Scott McDonald). Meanwhile, Rangers had just defeated Hibernian 1-0 a few minutes earlier. Therefore, Rangers finish 1 point ahead of Celtic and take the title.

Condolences to the Celtic supporters here. And I suppose the Rangers supporters will be building a shrine to Scott McDonald. As for the neutrals like me... well, I really don't care for the SPL, but drama is drama and I loved that ending!

quote:Originally posted by DJT

I was busy following the penultimate day of Serie A when out of the corner of my eye I saw something interesting on Livescore. I knew that Celtic led Rangers by 2 points going into the last day, and when I saw them leading Motherwell 1-0 in the 87th minute I figured it was over. But then, next time I looked, Motherwell were winning 2-1! It turned out Motherwell had scored goals in the 88th and 90th+ (both by the same player, Scott McDonald). Meanwhile, Rangers had just defeated Hibernian 1-0 a few minutes earlier. Therefore, Rangers finish 1 point ahead of Celtic and take the title.

Condolences to the Celtic supporters here. And I suppose the Rangers supporters will be building a shrine to Scott McDonald. As for the neutrals like me... well, I really don't care for the SPL, but drama is drama and I loved that ending!

I just saw the highlights on Sportsnet. Wow. What drama. Incredible. The face of the young Celtic supporter in tears pretty much tells the whole story.

db

Really sucks for Aberdeen. They fully deserve a UEFA Cup spot or atleast the chance to challenge for one. Dundee United has no business getting an UEFA cup place. Losing out to Hibs on goal differential is even worse.... don't you think there should be a two leg playoff for something like this? It would make the result a lot more justified and above all else there's money to be made by the SPL for something like this so it seems a no-brainer in my mind.

Bah.

So what dose that make now, twice in the last three years Celtic has lost the league on the last day? Ug. Further proof that goalkeepers matter no matter what the outfielders say.

Stay tuned. Saturday's the cup final. Can pretty much guarentee a victory this weekend.

I think...

Archived