Rangers & Celtic

argh1

Two points differential, Celtic ahead. Three games left.

It may be the fact of my Irish proddy parents or the fact me dah was a life long Rangers fan. Which in my ignorance made me a life long Queens Park Rangers fan. Because that was the team called Rangers that was on television....ooops, but I was committed by the time my mistake was pointed out.

But c'mon Rangers let's do it for long departed dad!

Fixtures remaining:

Rangers/Hearts (the battle of protestant teams)

Rangers/Motherwell

Hibernian/Rangers

Celtic/Aberdeen

Hearts/Celtic

Motherwell/Celtic

To me Rangers have the advantage with two home games remaining....or maybe wishfull thinking ;)

Ha. That's funny. Really, really, stupid. But funny. What's funnier was your Old Man let you carry on so long without so much as a word. Sounds like something my pop would do. Would just shake his head, puff on a cigarette and say something like "Geezus. Ffffu'kkk...."

Anyway.

Oy. Staggering toward seasons end more accurately. More points dropped coming yet I think. That Hibs match from Celtic Park? I say again. Oy.

About the only thing good to come from the season this year is the development of a few of the younger lads. Not unexpected though, sadly.

(Christ. Just seen Gerrard's goal against 'boro on FSW Report. Cracking).

quote:Originally posted by Cheeta

Ha. That's funny. Really, really, stupid. But funny. What's funnier was your Old Man let you carry on so long without so much as a word. Sounds like something my pop would do. Would just shake his head, puff on a cigarette and say something like "Geezus. Ffffu'kkk...."

Truthfully I was 8 when my dad passed on so my memories are blurred. So it was probably all my error. I also don't get the the protestant/catholic thingy as I'm Canadian, and we all know what that means here.....nothing. I've never warmed up to SPL as it's always a two horse race.Although I still follow the results and the team I first check is Hearts. So I'll accept all comments regarding stupidity. Either way I still support R's not so much Gers.[B)]

I'm confused now, which team do you support?

That was a cracking goal by Gerrard. One of those that makes you stand up and say "Wottagoal. Did that actually happen!"

Top 5 goals I've seen live.

5)Stoichkov's laser beam against Mexico in 94.

4)Weah's coast to coast against Piacenza.

3)Owen's run and strike against Argentina

2)Gerrard's screamer against Boro

1)Zidane's volley against Leverkusen

Lot of Celtic fans in my neighbourhood and they make for a good atmosphere in the pub. Got invited to watch a Celtic match, but haven't told them I'm a Rangers fan yet. Gotta brush up on the dialect a bit first, don't want to call Fenians Huns or vice versa. Bloody soap dodgin papists!;)

quote:Originally posted by amacpher

Might come down to a tiebreaker again. Rangers will probably get it then. Rangers +51; Celtic +48.

I'm not trying to be a basher here, but, as I'm sure I said the last time around, this rule is ridiculous. Especially in a league where, after 38 or whatever games, two teams are far and away better than the rest, it just makes no sense to break a tie between them based on whoever beat up the small guys more! Why not a playoff? Or at least look at head-to-head. But it should be a playoff. Same for every other country. (Italy uses it -- and we might see it this year! -- but I'm not sure who else does.)

quote:Originally posted by canso

I'm confused now, which team do you support?

I understand your confusion. Let me further add to your head ache.

In the race between Gers and Celtic, I would wish Gers greatest fortune.

As far as the whole SPL, to borrow a Brit expression, I would be over the moon, if Hearts were some day to take it all.

In all honesty the SPL needs somebody to challenge Rangers & Celtic.

But for me there is only one team in all of British or European soccer and that is the "Superhoops of Queens Park". Which doesn't mean I don't check boxscores and keep up on other teams and leagues.

Who doesn't like a tight race and the Gers/Hoops race is the only race left in British leagues.

......ahhhh......well except for play-off places in the English Football League......

quote:Originally posted by DJT

I'm not trying to be a basher here, but, as I'm sure I said the last time around, this rule is ridiculous. Especially in a league where, after 38 or whatever games, two teams are far and away better than the rest, it just makes no sense to break a tie between them based on whoever beat up the small guys more! Why not a playoff? Or at least look at head-to-head. But it should be a playoff. Same for every other country. (Italy uses it -- and we might see it this year! -- but I'm not sure who else does.)

Yeah, I agree. The only other (major) country that uses a playoff that I know of is Argentina. Spain of course uses head-to-head. Every other major domestic league seems to use goal difference, despite the fact that UEFA and FIFA woke-up to the smell of coffee quite a while ago and now uses the head-to-head tiebreaker method in major international tournaments.

quote:Originally posted by canso

Lot of Celtic fans in my neighbourhood and they make for a good atmosphere in the pub. Got invited to watch a Celtic match, but haven't told them I'm a Rangers fan yet. Gotta brush up on the dialect a bit first, don't want to call Fenians Huns or vice versa. Bloody soap dodgin papists!;)

Archived