Does anybody really care if athletes use steroids?

Elias

Honestly.

I don't.

I think it's an other story being hyped by the media, cause there's not much else to talk about, and by American politicians because I guess they have nothing else to do, and they think this will win them more votes in the heartland.

I want to see the best perform. Even if you take steroids, you still need to eat and train properly. You don't stick a couple needles in your @$$ and win gold medals.

There's a huge difference between genetic engineering and steroids.

I still think Ben Johnson is the best sprinter ever. Cause Lewis and the rest of them were not on steroids. Right!

It's sad if high school kids take them and die. But like those annoying commercials say, 1 kid dies from steroids a year. 10 000 from smoking. So what's really stupid?

I feel sorry for the honest athletes who lose to steroid-aided athletes. For example, the Canadian women's swim team would have won many more medals in 1976 but had the unfortunate experience of being up against the East Germans (who are now suffering the effects of those drugs).

Anyway many times it's easy to tell who's on something. Like what happened to those Greek sprinters

I don't care if some idiots want to pump themselves up with drugs but it's the dishonesty that bugs me, pretending they don't. For all I care we can have two classes of sport, one for those who use steroids and such and another for the straight-up guys. Be a bit like having a choice between WWE and Olympic style wrestling.

quote:Originally posted by Elias

I want to see the best perform. Even if you take steroids, you still need to eat and train properly. You don't stick a couple needles in your @$$ and win gold medals.

Well, that's a pretty weak argument. It depends on the sport, but its safe to say that steroids help in baseball. In other words, the ones playing by the rules are hurt. How is that right? I mean, they are penalized for considering their health, training harder and eating better. Great.

Plus, it doesn't even add more quality for the viewer. Who was more exciting: Bonds in his late twenties or Bonds today? I would say the former for sure. Triples, scoring from first on a single, great outfield catches are all more exciting then a ball sailing over an outfield fence and some fatso walking around the bases.

Archived