nameless kit???

BusanBhoy

Anyone know what the deal is with names (or the lack there of) of late? Just this past round I've seen : korea, saudi, bahrain, kuwait, uzbeck, n ireland, and numerous other that are now slipping my mind (these I'm sure cause these are the games I got to watch) all play without names (and in asia there has been alot of last min number switching as well). Is there something going on I don't know about? Just happenstance? Is this the new thing?

If anyone has any insight - please share

(I know this stuff is of little importance but i wonder none the less)

peace

Who knows?

I grew up without names on shirts and have never really gotten used to it so as far as I'm concearned, good for them.

Just a change in styling tastes I guess.

And on that subject. Those Nike kits, like Portugal were wearing on Saturday, they're still not growing on me. Not a nice kit at all.

It should be noted, though this is probably obvious, that FIFA requires names on jerseys for the World Cup final tournament matches but not for World Cup qualifying matches. I assume this is to help the smaller countries? But, yeah, the larger countries are just being cheap and/or lazy.

To add to the list of countries that did not have names on Saturday: Scotland, Romania, Sweden, Bulgaria.

Italy and Netherlands had names.

quote:Originally posted by youllneverwalkalone

Isn't it just a slight impediment to on-the-fly scouting? Name bars couldn't run you more than $20 a piece. Not even the CSA is that cheap, I hope...:)

But once you have them, different selections and number changes call for all new jerseys.

quote:Originally posted by Polish_LYNX_Fan

Dont they make new shirts for each game anywayz, players rip them during gams players trade them with other plays so they gotta make new once n e wayz for each game I would imagine

You'll notice that the Canadian players rarely trade jerseys, probably for this $$$ reason. Atiba will get a new one, but that's probably it. They just wash them.

Archived