What happened to the "New Canadian League" thread?

quote:Originally posted by Calgary Boomer

There were 10 pages of great stuff here yesterday, and now "poof" it's vanished?

I am not too certain, but it appears that the moderator has terminated the thread for it was becoming a personnel affair between Richard, Robert and Moosehead. Basically itwas simply them contributing to the thread.

The thread was accidentally deleted. An explanation was not posted earlier because we were trying to get it back, but were unsuccessful at doing so. Our apologies to all, especially those who contributed so much to the thread.

To be clear: this was an accident, not moderation of the thread.

quote:Originally posted by DJT

The thread was accidentally deleted. An explanation was not posted earlier because we were trying to get it back, but were unsuccessful at doing so. Our apologies to all, especially those who contributed so much to the thread.

To be clear: this was an accident, not moderation of the thread.

Jesus. Only 26 seconds after my last post. Were you waiting for me?

quote:Originally posted by Robert

How one of the most active threads could be exposed to the possibility of accidental deletion is beyond me.

The amount of activity on a thread is irrelevant. They are all deleted and edited in the same way, and cannot be individually protected based on size, significance or anything else.

quote:If this truly was an accident, which I'm willing to give the benefit of the doubt to, then the greatest care should be taken in the future that this does not happen again. However, if it does occur again, I would feel that this forum to be lacking in democratic values and would consider it to be a waste of time.
Well, it has happened before and will happen again, because mistakes happen. With thousands of threads and even more posts, of course there will always be a few accidents. This is not banking or other such critical information with several layers of security, redundancy and other protection.

Nevertheless, we have been in need of a simple backup system since moving to the new Web host, and Jarrek is working on it, though of course even that would not be foolproof.

quote:Originally posted by DJT

The amount of activity on a thread is irrelevant. They are all deleted and edited in the same way, and cannot be individually protected based on size, significance or anything else.

Well, it has happened before and will happen again, because mistakes happen. With thousands of threads and even more posts, of course there will always be a few accidents. This is not banking or other such critical information with several layers of security, redundancy and other protection.

Nevertheless, we have been in need of a simple backup system since moving to the new Web host, and Jarrek is working on it, though of course even that would not be foolproof.

Sounds acceptable.

Archived