Spotz, besides Ottawa, to Watch NI/Can, Wed 9th

beachesl

Edmonton, 1 pm Alberta time, Elephant and Castle on Whyte Avenue?

It's small, but we won't have many there.

Whaddya think, Garlic Gulch bros?

Friday Update: today booked with Greg one of the big-screen TV's upstairs at the Whyte Avenue (not the other two locations in Edmonton) Elephant and Castle Pub for Wednesday for 1:00 pm.

address:

10314- 82 Avenue (Whyte Avenue), Edmonton

439-4545

argh1

Moncton

Canada

966 Posts

Posted - 02/02/2005 : 14:07:55

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Moncton chapter with it's membership of 1 will be meeting in my basement. Feb 9 4pm real time.

If there are any Moncton soccer guys out there lurking. Either the Sports Rock on Mountain Rd. or the one on Paul St. would make sense. Every Dooly's has big screens let me know.

argh1

Moncton

Canada

966 Posts

Posted - 02/02/2005 : 14:07:55

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Moncton chapter with it's membership of 1 will be meeting in my basement. Feb 9 4pm real time.

If there are any Moncton soccer guys out there lurking. Either the Sports Rock on Mountain Rd. or the one on Paul St. would make sense. Every Dooly's has big screens let me know.

quote:Originally posted by beachesl

Edmonton, 1 pm, Elephant and Castle on Whyte Avenue?

It's small, but we won't have many there, most of the little Britain farts won't bother, until a few hours later when the English match is on. it'll be interesting watching them wandering in unawares.:D

Argh, it's on a Wednesday so I can only watch it somewhere close to work. I'll probably book myself off for a meeting at 1 o'clock and skip over to Likwid Lounge which is a block from my office.

Elephant and Castle is perfect for me on weekends.

quote:Originally posted by beachesl

Edmonton, 1 pm, Elephant and Castle on Whyte Avenue?

It's small, but we won't have many there, most of the little Britain farts won't bother, until a few hours later when the English match is on. it'll be interesting watching them wandering in unawares.:D

Argh, it's on a Wednesday so I can only watch it somewhere close to work. I'll probably book myself off for a meeting at 1 o'clock and skip over to Likwid Lounge which is a block from my office.

Matches on February 9, 2005, Eastern time

World Cup Qualifying - CONCACAF

2:30 PM Trinidad & Tobago v United States

7:00 PM Panama v Guatemala

9:00 PM Costa Rica v Mexico

World Cup Qualifying - UEFA

10:00 AM Macedonia v Andorra

1:45 PM Albania v Ukraine

2:30 PM Greece v Denmark

3:45 PM Spain v San Marino

International Friendlies

4:00 AM Hong Kong v Brazil

7:00 AM Bulgaria v Serbia & Montenegro

10:00 AM Romania v Slovakia

11:00 AM Georgia v Lithuania

11:00 AM Slovenia v Czech Republic

12:00 PM Israel v Croatia

12:00 PM United Arab Emirates v Switzerland

1:00 PM Malta v Norway

1:00 PM South Africa v Australia

1:00 PM Turkey v Tunisia

2:00 PM Egypt v Belgium

2:00 PM Poland v Belarus

2:30 PM Ireland v Portugal

2:45 PM England v Netherlands

2:45 PM Germany v Argentina

3:00 PM France v Sweden

3:00 PM Italy v Russia

3:00 PM Northern Ireland v Canada

3:00 PM Wales v Hungary

Matches on February 9, 2005, Eastern time

World Cup Qualifying - CONCACAF

2:30 PM Trinidad & Tobago v United States

7:00 PM Panama v Guatemala

9:00 PM Costa Rica v Mexico

World Cup Qualifying - UEFA

10:00 AM Macedonia v Andorra

1:45 PM Albania v Ukraine

2:30 PM Greece v Denmark

3:45 PM Spain v San Marino

International Friendlies

4:00 AM Hong Kong v Brazil

7:00 AM Bulgaria v Serbia & Montenegro

10:00 AM Romania v Slovakia

11:00 AM Georgia v Lithuania

11:00 AM Slovenia v Czech Republic

12:00 PM Israel v Croatia

12:00 PM United Arab Emirates v Switzerland

1:00 PM Malta v Norway

1:00 PM South Africa v Australia

1:00 PM Turkey v Tunisia

2:00 PM Egypt v Belgium

2:00 PM Poland v Belarus

2:30 PM Ireland v Portugal

2:45 PM England v Netherlands

2:45 PM Germany v Argentina

3:00 PM France v Sweden

3:00 PM Italy v Russia

3:00 PM Northern Ireland v Canada

3:00 PM Wales v Hungary

quote:

Well, I'm open to meeting in the Jasper/downtown core if that is more convenient, but I expect there will be location problems for many working that afternoon anyway. How about you strobe_z, are you able to slip away from the U to the Elephant next Wed aft?

quote:

Well, I'm open to meeting in the Jasper/downtown core if that is more convenient, but I expect there will be location problems for many working that afternoon anyway. How about you strobe_z, are you able to slip away from the U to the Elephant next Wed aft?

Okay, booked one of the big-screen TV's upstairs at the Whyte Avenue (not the other two locations in Edmonton) Elephant and Castle for Wednesday for 1:00pm. They will also be showing the England-Holland match (satellite) downstairs and the Germany-Argentina match (FSWC) on the other upstairs bigscreen. Will ammend the first post.

Greg the manager was confused, as he has been keeping a close eye on Sportsnet and soccertv.com, none of whom presently have the match listed, but I advised him of the emails received by our members from RSN. Let's hope there isn't a glitch with Rogers.

Be warned, the minute you walk through the door, Greg will try to get you to join the "Soccerclub" there for all the bonus deals.

And on that note, if any of the Winnipeg lads want to get the piss on, ummm, watch the match I am, as usual, game. Got my 1st day off since Jan. 2nd (just in case) and have taken some stick about it at work so give us a heads up or else I'll likely be heading down to Shannon's to make a fool of myself.

Oy. Got read the riot act by the Wee Elf as the Little One is back from winter camp come Wednesday afternoon. I wiggled out of picking her up though. Got this brother-in-law who owes me a gizzalion favoures....

It's RSP time so I'm pretty sure redhat's busy and WF will be walking the range by midafternoon if I'm not mistaken so it's going to be lonely. Might convince a few of the lads from the team to play hookey so if anyone wants to tag along we can put something more definate together.

Archived