Football League,Conference & Pyramid [R]

argh1

Awright we have EPL threads and Serie A threads. Let's start one for the most competitve foriegn league ( and the one my favourite team is in )

QPR is on 11 points after 8 games , Leeds U is on 11 points after 7 games , Wolves are stuggling with 8 points after 8 games .

I'll keep it to Championship 'cuz no-one wants to know the Shaymen of Halifax Town are on 13 points after 7 games in the Conference or that Notts County continues to struggle in League 2 or that the OWLS are at 12 points after 8 games in League 1 . C'mon Wednesday get up to tier 2 . AFC Wimbledon you'll have to look up yourself.

Okay all that other banter aside any Championship League folk here want to discuss the most competitive foriegn league . Until R's take over the Premiership that is ;)

quote:Originally posted by Blue and White Army

Rs are crap, nothing but a team full of Watford and Busan I'cons rejects!

Watford and Danny Webber to the top!

I feel for ya mon , we'll remember Watford when Super Hoops win the Premiership ( someday ) and you're stuck in tier 2 [}:)]

Ya gotta believe in the team . Blind support , every year will be the year .

Just ask RED SOX fans ;)

EDIT : see I didn't pick on Toronto fans ( self control )

• 2 weeks later...

OK Leeds 0-1 Sunderland . I see the attendance at Elland Road seems to holding in the mid 20's not bad for Championship League . I haven't checked but Leeds must have played their 1st team against Swindon in their 1-0 win in League Cup on Tuesday . Leeds draws Portsmouth away in round 3 , could have drawn worse. A win here would be a confidence builder.

QPR takes on Leicester at Loftus Road to-day and after resting alot of the 1st team in the 3-1 loss to Villa in League Cup this week let's hope Holloway's eye is firmly focused on getting a nice mid-table place in the Championship for this year anyway.

After reading that QPR has plans to increase seating to 28,000 at Loftus Road . I have to admit a little twing went down my spine . I know the South American group that Dunga is apart of are supposed to up their stake in the club to 30% but let's not spend, spend , spend .

It was only 1996 when R's fell out of the Premiership and have spent the last three years in (now) League One and had a time in administration only coming out in 2002. Let's just consolidate the clubs' place in the Championship ( I'm getting used the new league names ).

I'm in awe Supahoops come back from 2 goals down to beat Leicester 3-1 to move into 7th 4 points back of Reading in 1st . Dare I start hoping for the play-offs , it's only September .

Wolverhampton lose to Cardiff 3-2 c'mon Wolves by almost any standard except the giants you're a massive club almost 28,000 show to see you go 11 points after 10 games come out of it !

I know it's not the Championship but speaking of big clubs it is worth noting that Wednesday beat Wrexham 0-3 in League One . Owls you gotta get it to-gether consistantly !

I'll be back Football League rocks :D

quote:Originally posted by andyb

I just hope its the same result last time Leeds played at Fratton park (6-1)or better for Pompey.

Man , Pompey fans are the best that game last year when Arsenal beat them 1-5 in the FA Cup 6th round and the stadium at Fratton Park never stopped rockin' will live in my memory forever as the best example of great home support.

But Lily Whites will be another home loss Portsmouth ;)

Rs at home to Coventry to-day . Last time these two teams met in league play was April '96 in the premiership Coventry won 1-0 .

The other game I have my eye on is Leeds at home to Stoke City . Even though the Potters are 10 places ahead of United only 5 points seperate and United have a game in hand . The Whites need to start establishing themselves and are only with-out Johnson, Bakke & Radebe for this match.

Notts County are at home to Wrexham in LDV VANS Trophy (Associated Members Cup)play to-day Sept 28th . In other LDV VANS .

Sheffield Wednesday are at home to Chester City on Wednesday the 29th

LDV VANS TROPHY draw

Also the draw for the CARTHIUM CUP (Conference Cup) was held .

Carthium Cup draw

This is a new or re-born Cup for Conference League .

I see AFC Wimbledon are 6 points clear at top of Ryman League Div 1

Since I mentioned AFC Wimbledon maybe I should say the other fans clubs.

AFC Barnsley are 2 points clear top of the Central Midlands Premier Division, which is one step below the Supreme Division (tier 12)

and AFC Telford United mid-table at 13th place in Unibond Div1 (tier 8)

I wonder if any-one has calculated how many teams are in the English National League System ?

Oh my.........Rs win 5 in a row in league play 4-1 Coventry. Cureton with the hat trick . Some-body remind me it's only September! 4th place after 11 games 2 points back of league leading Reading 1st year back in the Championship can this last. ( fingers and toes crossed )

Leeds 0-0 Stoke but Sheffield United 1-0 Sunderland are Warnocks boys gonna turn it on now.

In LDV VANS Trophy Notts County continue to look bad 2-3 to Wrexham only 1,359 show up to see them lose . Will this club ever hit rock bottom so they can start turning it around. Only 10 points after 10 games in their 1st year in League 2 . I really can't believe how badly Notts is falling.

Speaking of clubs falling how about Northwich Victoria being deducted 10 points for going into administration and are at minus 5 points in Conference National.

EDIT:

I see the FOOTBALL LEAGUE has introduced the SILVER GOAL rule to this years LDV VANS Trophy .

Bradford City is still in administartion in League 1 . Wonder when the League will adopt point deductions .

quote:Originally posted by argh1

Man , Pompey fans are the best that game last year when Arsenal beat them 1-5 in the FA Cup 6th round and the stadium at Fratton Park never stopped rockin' will live in my memory forever as the best example of great home support.

But Lily Whites will be another home loss Portsmouth ;)

i think our game in the cup final was another example of that, the manure fans hardly made a noise for the whole game apart from when they scored, whereas millwall cranked the noise up every time a goal went in.

I think I'll give this thread up as no-one else seems to care but ....... Halifax beat Exeter 2-1 to move up to 7th in Conference National only 5 points out of 1st after 11 games with like 7 starters out AND QPR wins 6 in a row beating Stoke 0-1 and move to 3rd place 1 point behind table topping Wigan.

quote:Originally posted by argh1

I think I'll give this thread up as no-one else seems to care but ....... Halifax beat Exeter 2-1 to move up to 7th in Conference National only 5 points out of 1st after 11 games with like 7 starters out AND QPR wins 6 in a row beating Stoke 0-1 and move to 3rd place 1 point behind table topping Wigan.

I care. I think I have to care. My slight bias for English football sent one of my threads from the MNT to the other board.Thanks DJT. I wish I could send all those Serie D posts to the women's board. So what do we do here? Ispwich 2 Coventry 1. Devos plays 90 minutes. Millwall 1 Forrest 0 at the half. Stuff like that? Simpson is on the bench for Millwall...

quote:Originally posted by youllneverwalkalone

My slight bias for English football sent one of my threads from the MNT to the other board.Thanks DJT.

Are you talking about a thread where you proposed that Canadian A-League clubs should form ties with English clubs? I moved that from the MNT section to the Canadian Leagues & Clubs section because you were proposing ideas for Canadian clubs and weren't talking about the MNT. The move had nothing to do with English content. There is so much in the MNT section that I'm trying to spread it around if appropriate, and your topic has a logical place in the Leagues & Clubs section.

But what happened to that thread? Did you delete it? I can't find it now.

quote:Originally posted by youllneverwalkalone

So what do we do here? Ispwich 2 Coventry 1. Devos plays 90 minutes. Millwall 1 Forrest 0 at the half. Stuff like that? Simpson is on the bench for Millwall...

Well, you can post this stuff if you want, but it's already covered in the MNT section (specifically in the weekly "Canadians abroad" thread) because it's about Canadian MNT players (that is also the content of the Serie D posts you see there).

This thread we're in right now was started by argh1 to talk generally about English soccer below the EPL. Canadian content not required.

Okay ! I'll keep it up !

But I'll warn all that QPR is my favourite team followed by the SHAYMEN of Halifax Town.

I follow Leeds United , Wednesday & Notts County just to see how far they will fall.

If you think I could post 'bout Irish clubs you wait to see me go on about the Superhoops and Halifax :D

So if you wanna see results of other teams here you better post them your-self .

EDIT:

Oh and the Province of New/Nouveau Brunswick has inacted non-smoking laws . So I can't drink and smoke in public at the same time .

Some-one let me know when my keyboard skills start slurring as my home drinking I'm sure will increase. [:0]

Well, I can't say I favour QPR over Millwall or Ipswich. I'd love to see all three promoted of course. I've been championing Bircham's cause on MNT board with few results. I see quite a few posts on the MNT board from supporters on the other side, maybe they'd like to throw their two cents in here.

I'm too lazy to look up the fixtures, but I'm giving Wigan and Reading 3-4 rounds before they're well submerged in the middle of the table. Any thoughts?

What I love best 'bout Cups and or Trophies , Vases, is you really see where the clubs heads are at so to speak . Do we wanna make a cup run and play our 1st teams or do we wanna key on league standings .

What is right or wrong has more to do with what success the team is having at the time I guess. Also what Cup run of the 2 or 3 available will bring that club the most . Or does the club have to ensure a league spot ?

I'll be back after MNF half-time is almost over , have you ever noticed Yankees are obsessed 'bout getting rules right . Take the call on the field and play on damn it !

Notts County finally win a game .....whoaho.....1-2 Macclesfield that's three wins this year. 13 points after 12 games.

Halifax Town lose to Woking 2-1 holding 10th spot in Conference National .

AFC Wimbledon beat Metropolitan Police 2-0 in FA Trophy play.

AFC Barnsley continue to lead Central Midlands League 2nd Division with 10 wins after 10 games and a goal differental of +35 . 5 points up on 2nd place Grimsby Borough . After beating Grimsby Borough 0-3

Telford United lose to Kidsgrove 2-4 in FA Trophy .

That's about it this past weekend from any of the English teams I either follow or check up on.

QPR at home to the Hammers to-day on a 6 game win streak . This is one of those games that will tell the R's how they really stack up in this league or have been playing over their heads , me thinks.

Leeds at home to PNE . Both teams need a result . Leeds should start putting a string of results to-gether soon . Stay mid-table for the Whites this year I think would be the best plan but the Championship is competitive so a couple to three wins in a row would help nicely .

Although early in the season it looks like Rotherham may eat up one of the realgation spots quickly.

Yes Wolves are off to an awefull start , wassup wiff dat ?

Wednesday at home to Barnsley on Sunday . The Owls seem to be coming out their injury woes slowly . So the South Yorkshire derby looks like it might be a goody . Like to see Wednesday stay in touch with the play-off clubs . Barnsley FC is the club saved by Peter Risdale last year from financal ruin . The fans club AFC Barnsley started in '03 in the Sheffield League (Windsor Food Service League ) tier 13. To ensure a Barnsley Club but now after Barnsley FC is on more sure footing AFC even rents the academy pitch as they play this year in Central Midlands 2nd Division ( Premier Division ? ) tier 12 .

MK Dons play Brentford . Now the Dons are one club in the Football League I can't wait to see fall down the pyramid . Looking forward to the day the fans club AFC Wimbledon pass the other Dons somewhere in one of Nationwide Football Conference Leagues I believe.

Speaking of AFC they meet Thurrrock of Conference League South in FA Cup to-day.

Notts County away to Mansfield becoming the text book example of ...it wasn't for bad luck they'd have none at all .

The keeper lined up on loan has beed recalled by Villa as well as mid-fielder Craig Pead returned to Coventry .

The Magpies may do well just not to fall out of the Coca-Cola Leagues .

I smell a realgation battle come spring.

Halifax at home to Farnborough . Mr. Wilders side have picked up one point in thier last two games so it's time to giddy up Shaymen don't let the play-off hopefulls pull away already.

Ah , at least this has taken my mind off the ......woulda...coulda....shoulda... of the game on Wednesday in Vancouver ;)

Did any-one else see that story of Mr. Blatter wanting to enforce the transfer windows on the whole National League System . Of course the Football League say they'll fight it but .....Mr. Mouth usually gets his way . Can you see levels 5-19 trying to manage on the summer and Janary transfer windows ?

Maybe level 2 and 3 but right down to the real small guys at the bottom in level 19 ?

Football League press release in pdf.

Archived