With the NHL lock-out looking for real

argh1

I was wondering does CHL/CJHL/CIS fill our hockey needs or does it have to be NHL to get us excited ?

I bet 98% of us live close to a team in one of these leagues.Maybe more than live close to NHL teams .

Even in Butt Crack No-where Moncton I can go to 1 CHL team , 2 CIS teams and 1 CJHL team 2 if I want to drive 45 minutes to Amherst N.S.

So is it NHL or nuthin' or will we convert to local play ?

i couldn't care less if there was nhl or not. frankly it makes me sick how the newspaper is like 9-12 pages of nhl hockey stating the same things over and over again about the canucks, and then if our national soccer team has played they are buried on like page 13 or 14 or something. even behind meaningless exhibition matches.

i live 5 minutes from the chilliwack chiefs. i support them after the edmonton oilers. if there is a lockout i will probably support the chiefs first and then the vancouver giants.

quote:Originally posted by bettermirror

i couldn't care less if there was nhl or not. frankly it makes me sick how the newspaper is like 9-12 pages of nhl hockey stating the same things over and over again about the canucks, and then if our national soccer team has played they are buried on like page 13 or 14 or something. even behind meaningless exhibition matches.

That pretty much sums up the main reason why I'm hoping that the entire NHL season (maybe more -- *crossing fingers*) gets wiped-out. The other reason is that several teams might fold which would make the league less watered-down.

quote:Originally posted by bettermirror

i live 5 minutes from the chilliwack chiefs. i support them after the edmonton oilers. if there is a lockout i will probably support the chiefs first and then the vancouver giants.

Its admrable you support Jr. A hockey, as I do with my Langley Hornets, but don't go bad mouthing the Canucks. Hockey is where the heart is, and the only major professional team I support (in any sport) is the NHL Vancouver Canucks. here's hoping for a full NHL season, and some playoff success!

quote:Originally posted by Current Champ

Since the last strike I have seen 1 NHL game and a dozen Hitman and Rebel games.

**** those spoilt rich dicks.

The top level of any team sport has "spoiled rich dicks".

I don't think anyone is poor in the EPL, La Liga, Serie A etc and we all follow those leagues as well (even with some shady going-ons in Serie A)

plus, it's supply and demand. Players don't pay themselves - billionaire owners do.

quote:Originally posted by Bertuzzi44

The top level of any team sport has "spoiled rich dicks".

I don't think anyone is poor in the EPL, La Liga, Serie A etc and we all follow those leagues as well (even with some shady going-ons in Serie A)

plus, it's supply and demand. Players don't pay themselves - billionaire owners do.

Unforunately, this isn't always true. Some sports franchises are not economically viable yet still exist because tax payers are forced to pay the salaries after "billionaire owners" screw up their budget projections.

If it was as simple as supply and demand, the average Montreal Expo would be making little more than a Montreal Impact player.

Yeah , guys what I was saying is that there is no shortage of hockey .

For most of us ....let's see Montreal pop (statscan) 3.5 million , Ottawa 1 million , Toronto 4.5 , Calgary 1 million , Edmonton 1 million , Vancouver 2 million. Total say 13 million .

So over 1/2 of us don't live in an NHL city anyways.

I guess I'll continue going to Wildcats (QMJHL) Les Aigles Bleus ( U de Moncton my 1st choice)or Mounties (Mt. Allison) and Beavers (MJHL) games .

I just don't think the lack of NHL will affect hockey in this country except for Saturday night couch potatoes.[:o)]

EDIT: rounded of populations ;)

I have to add my work schedule is 40 hours from Friday at 7pm to Monday at 7am so I go to whom ever is playing mid-week games

Archived