SoccerBeast - The Strategy

The Beaver

I do not feel that we should by any means at this point ban SoccerBeast from the forum. By our guidelines, I do not feel he should be banned. Having said that, however, I agree with many of you who have wisely suggested we simply ignore SoccerBeast's negative and often frustrating posts. I for one will admit I am a culprit in responding to his nonsensical and disheartening and often mean-spirited posts, and by posting this message I make a formal commitment to ignore all subsequent posts that SoccerBeast makes.

It is your choice, obviously, as to how you'd like to deal with this (admittedly petty) issue, but I hope that you seriously consider ignoring him. I wish we didn't have to do this, but I see no other fair option.

Vive le Canada!!

quote:Originally posted by The Beaver

I do not feel that we should by any means at this point ban SoccerBeast from the forum. By our guidelines, I do not feel he should be banned. Having said that, however, I agree with many of you who have wisely suggested we simply ignore SoccerBeast's negative and often frustrating posts. I for one will admit I am a culprit in responding to his nonsensical and disheartening and often mean-spirited posts, and by posting this message I make a formal commitment to ignore all subsequent posts that SoccerBeast makes.

It is your choice, obviously, as to how you'd like to deal with this (admittedly petty) issue, but I hope that you seriously consider ignoring him. I wish we didn't have to do this, but I see no other fair option.

Vive le Canada!!

Hey Beav.............how are my comments mean spirited? im Just voicing

my anger over:

a) The lack of a good manager

B) the lack of commitment shown by some players.

c) the lack of games the CSA gets the national team prior to

major events.

i don't use threat's like some people on this forum, and when the

team stops being negative, so will I.

quote:Originally posted by soccerbeast

Hey Beav.............how are my comments mean spirited? im Just voicing

my anger over:

a) The lack of a good manager

B) the lack of commitment shown by some players.

c) the lack of games the CSA gets the national team prior to

major events.

i don't use threat's like some people on this forum, and when the

team stops being negative, so will I.

HERE WE GO AGAIN!!...

Where the hell is Brantford anyway, it must be within driving distance for one of us.... ...

The distance between S****erbeats and a real soccer fan?

Hey S****erbeats how are my comments mean spirited? im Just voicing

my anger over:

a) your lack of passion

B) your lack of integrity.

c) your lack of travel to games the CSA gets the national team.

It's obvious that you favorite teams are Brazil, Real Madrid and Man U(until last year of course, now you love Arsenal).

You are missing almost all of what soccer is about. You will never feel the joy of a Darlington fan, who learns that the Quakers will not be relegated to conference because the conference champions ground is to small. Or that of a St. Pauli fan when they somehow climbed into the Bundesliga. Did you cheer when Canada won the Gold Cup? I hope not, 'cause you didn't deserve to.

quote:Originally posted by Current Champ

Where the hell is Brantford anyway, it must be within driving distance for one of us.... ...

my anger over:

a) your lack of passion

It's obvious that you favorite teams are Brazil, Real Madrid and Man U(until last year of course, now you love Arsenal).

You are missing almost all of what soccer is about. You will never feel the joy of a Darlington fan, who learns that the Quakers will not be relegated to conference because the conference champions ground is to small. Or that of a St. Pauli fan when they somehow climbed into the Bundesliga. Did you cheer when Canada won the Gold Cup? I hope not, 'cause you didn't deserve to.

Brazil are alright, Real and Man Utd screw them. Arsenal..Boring>

Yes i did cheer for Canada at the gold cup and still do despite

some of the fans Canadian soccer is getting nowadays. Lack of passion, yes maybe, but the team and it's play took that away

from me, i didn't give it up> I have more integrity than you thats for sure, if i don't agree with someone i don't threaten them unlike you, but i take that from where your from. As i said before when the

CSA put games at least close i will go but not face financial

ruin to do it.

I have more integrity than you thats for sure,

Highly dubious. How many V's have any respect for you compared to me (about 20-0 for me)? How many multi million dollar businessmen trust you? How many family members of National team players email you regularly?

quote: if i don't agree with someone i don't threaten them unlike you, but i take that from where your from.

What do you know about any town??? You won't leave yours.

What do you know about where I am from, I live in Calgary, but I ain't from here ,bitch. I grew up in the woods! I can fight bears and solve calculus problems. What the hell can you do except be my foil.

Does anybody remmember the cookie monster song from sesame street/

"C is for Ca-na-da,

that's good enough for me!

C is for Ca-na-da,

that's good enough for me!

C is for Ca-na-da,

that's good enough for me! HEY!!!

CA - NA - DA starts with C!!!"

Highly dubious. How many V's have any respect for you compared to me (about 20-0 for me)? How many multi million dollar businessmen trust you? How many family members of National team players email you regularly?

What do you know about any town??? You won't leave yours.

What do you know about where I am from, I live in Calgary, but I ain't from here ,bitch. I grew up in the woods! I can fight bears and solve calculus problems. What the hell can you do except be my foil.

Het mate you started this....not me. What do i care if V's respect

me or not i don't give a damn, i care about the sport in this country not my own ego, unlike others. why would i want emails from the

family members of the national team? Multi million dollar businessmen, who have they screwed over to make that much money the poor working folk? why would i leave Ontario, it is Canada, like it or not. You can fight bears? are they alive at the time?

We're here for different reasons , you want canadian soccer to stay the same, i want it to get it self organized and make a real effort

to get to the world cup.

Find the post where I say I wanted Canadian soccer to stay the same? I never even hinted at anything like that you delusional child. I can't even remember saying anything good about the CSA ever. I only said I love Canada's Soccer Team. Thick or thin. Unconditionally. If no one supported their losing team, the Maple Leafs would have gone extinct in the '80s.

What I did say is...

No one cares about what you have to say, and no one appreciates or wants to hear about your useless negativity, and we all wish you would go away.

The one thing that binds the rest of us is that we know we are the odd ones. We support a game few here care about in the only civilized country in the world without it's own soccer league. We live in constant optomism that something will happen to change the profile of soccer in our country, and for one of the first times there are signs (U-19 crowds, World Youth hosting)it is happening.

There are people who have supported the MNT for langer than even Me and we have riden the rollercoaster. Nothing you say or have said is of any merit to any of us.

It must have some merit or you wouldn't get so uptight. The crowd issue,women's u-19 Canada made the final ,if Canada had gone out early

would the crowds been the same, unlikely. Yes the World Youth Championship is coming (?) to Canada if Toronto gets it's stadium built. But the CSA has already angered some supporters already by stating the Edmonton will get the final without giving Toronto a shot at it. western Canada has had it's fair share wcq games, other

national team games, if they want to keep any interest in the national team, having the WYC final in Toronto is a start. No im not going away.

It must have some merit or you wouldn't get so uptight. The crowd issue,women's u-19 Canada made the final ,if Canada had gone out early

would the crowds been the same, unlikely. Yes the World Youth Championship is coming (?) to Canada if Toronto gets it's stadium built. But the CSA has already angered some supporters already by stating the Edmonton will get the final without giving Toronto a shot at it. western Canada has had it's fair share wcq games, other

national team games, if they want to keep any interest in the national team, having the WYC final in Toronto is a start. No im not going away.

I believe the new stadium in Toronto wouldn't have a legit capacity to host the final, that's why it's Edmonton.

I would be extactic if 4 of the next round games were in Newfoundland, Montreal, Toronto and Nunavut for christ's sake. But give Commonwealth it's due, and guaranteed sellouts at warm Swanguard has some charm.

I don't know why they picked Vancouver twice, but that's not my job, my (our) job is to cheer and yell and support our team.

Hopefully that new stadium in Toronto will kick ass as Varsity did in it's day, but until then, convince the CSA it's worth the skydome for a WCQ or tough noogies.

I would be extactic if 4 of the next round games were in Newfoundland, Montreal, Toronto and Nunavut for christ's sake. But give Commonwealth it's due, and guaranteed sellouts at warm Swanguard has some charm.

I don't know why they picked Vancouver twice, but that's not my job, my (our) job is to cheer and yell and support our team.

Hopefully that new stadium in Toronto will kick ass as Varsity did in it's day, but until then, convince the CSA it's worth the skydome for a WCQ or tough noogies.

I have read a few posts where they figure about 12,000 tickets have

been sold for Commonwealth vs Honduras, how many does it hold,

60,000? Hardly sold out is it? Skydome just hosted two great soccer

matches at skydome i was there for both, Celtic v Roma, Porto v

Liverpool,91,000 for the two games. the CSA could have done what the Champions series group did and lay natural grass, and play a couple of WCQ games in Toronto,but did not.

quote:the CSA could have done what the Champions series group did and lay natural grass, and play a couple of WCQ games in Toronto,but did not.

And it would have lost a million or so in the process. You can't take risks like that early on in World Cup qualifying process. Had this been a game versus the USA or Mexico and in the later rounds (ie; Hex) then the CSA could look at hosting some games at the Dome.

my anger over:

a) your lack of passion

Brantford is like 30 minutes away from me... who's coming with me?

Just someone admit that i could be right about OUR national team, then i might ease up, but you all got on your maple leaf tinted glasses and can't see straight. Do i want Canada to Qualify, yes, Do I want a good

national league? So if you don't see it happening what, just accept it

like the rest of you, i don't think so, if you complain often enough

changes will come.

Archived