Yallop announces squads vs Honduras

Jarrek

quote:Originally posted by eastcoaster

I am not picking sides in the Lars - Onstad Debate.

However, people seem to get down on Lars because he is a backup. Well wasnt Forrest a backup for most of his West Ham Days, in fact towards the end wasn't he third string behind James and Hislop. This would be similar to Lars when he was at spurs. I am not bitching on Forrest as he was my god when he played for Canada. I just think perhaps we are being hard on lars.

As long as Yallop is coach, I feel that Ontstad will be the man.

Finally, did anyone else think that Forrest is a little hard on Jazic

Well, as far as Craig being a backup with Hammers that's absolutely true. Sort of faded out towards the end there as I remember it. Of course by that time Forrest had way more history with the MNT (for good and bad) than Lars currently dose and it was pretty easy to justify his inclusions.

Lar's style is certainly different than Onstad's. No dought about that. And I firmly believe until we make The Hex Lars is better suited for our opposition than Pat. Still think until Lars gets some sort of real action, not make-believe practice field experience he's going to have to give way to Onstad, though. The lesser of two evils.

I will say one thing. It's been a while, but somehow I recall Lars' kicking was as bad if not worse than Onstads. Totaly useless crap.

As has been mentioned by others though, there absolutely are some other candidates out there for 'keep. It's just that with Yallop, it would seem he's got open eyes and fresh starts for every other possition. That and it may be a little late in the day to try to work someone in (don't know if I necessarily agree with that, but it is a pretty good argument).

Guess it goes back to a manager having his favorites. You know. Like Holger did. Holger had Fenwick and McKenna. Frankie's got Pat, Mark and Dwayne. I'm taking on an interesting view of ol' Frankie Yallop these days.

And yes, someone at SportsNet should tell Craig he's been watching the Swangard match with blinders on.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't know if Forrest was hard on Jazic at all (I don't remember any negative comments about him), but I did think his constant praise of Watson was ridiculous and biased. Particularly on one occasion in the first half when Watson embarrasingly shanked the ball out of bounds for an opposition corner and Craig decided to praise Watson for how well he was about to defend this corner, completely ignoring the fact that it was his incompetence on the field that gave away the corner to begin with!

Archived