Post Game Analysis - Guat Vs Canada

brodycheese

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You are quite correct with that logic. If I make a comment about a match that I didn't attend and I am corrected by somebody who was at the game and see's things first hand, then I accept that. Yes I can make statements about anything, so can anybody, thats what discussion boards are all about. In regards to Radzinski I thought it was a little fishy him pulling up lame before Wednesdays game, and now there's reports that he's fine. We'll soon see if he plays his next match. Until then you can tell me to prove he's not injured and I can tell you to prove that he is.:D

1- The TV broadcast seemed of very poor quality. (Maybe more cameras were needed) Looked like a “A” League game.

2- Our defense stunk but not the only ones to blame. (With devos and rad on the line up, IMO it would not have mattered because the whole team was badly prepared, cannot put a team together in two days, you have to play together often so you can gel.

3- Our midfield were un effective all night long. What is it with our guys, we can not make a decent pas on the grass surface our passes were mostly air born and that extra second it takes to control the ball, we lost it.

4- Our forwards hardly created a scoring chance, mostly tripped over or lost the ball.

5- Our crosses and corners were terrible.

6- CSA !!!wake up!!! It takes money to run anything successful so PUT UP or we will always be in this situation.

We were dreadful on Wednesday. I found the game painful to watch. How painful? The next day when it was being shown on replay, I could only view for 10 minutes before I said, "Okay, buddy, get a life." (Note to self: stop calling yourself "buddy").

But here's what I found most disappointing. Once again, we played without cohesion or familiarity. It's like the guys didn't know each other, their moves, their strengths, their weaknesses, their likes and dislikes. And then you think: "But this is Canada, what do you expect? They're only together a couple days, at best, then they go back to their club teams." Any hope that familiarity can be built up over the years is dashed when the line-up, for varying reasons, so frequently changes.

So, is it always going to be like this? Folks keep saying, "We need to be better prepared." My question, seriously, is "How?" When only a couple of our guys are in North America, and the bulk is scattered across the globe, how are they to be brought together for any length of time when they have club commitments? I wish I had some workable answers.

quote:Originally posted by Joe05

I was just following your logic from previous threads. It seems you can make statements about anything, but when someone else makes a statement you pull the "were you at the match/event" card.

Just one more response. That logic works only if one person were actually there. If someones trying to say things about the match/event and wasn't at that match or event while you were there and have first hand experience/knowledge of the event then of course the person at the event knows the truth about what went on. It's not pulling a card it's just a statement of fact. Since neither of us were at the match or in the trainers room for the Radzinski incident, then you can't apply that logic in this case.

To apply logic, one has to be logical.

quote:Originally posted by BC supporter

So, is it always going to be like this? Folks keep saying, "We need to be better prepared." My question, seriously, is "How?" When only a couple of our guys are in North America, and the bulk is scattered across the globe, how are they to be brought together for any length of time when they have club commitments? I wish I had some workable answers.

The first thing is by insisting that players show up according to the maximum timeframe allowed by FIFA. The second is to say, Geez, WC qualifiers are coming up, and the Euro's are on, and C. Ronaldo and others are going to the Olympics too, so maybe our guys really don't need 2 months off to recover from the past season since nobody else is taking that kind of a break. Or maybe you don't change half the team between qualifiers so that while they are maybe underprepared, they have at least played together at some point. But goddamn it, don't treat it like its a fricking friendly.

Alright. Well, having been at a hockey refereeing training course since Monday I've been isolated from Canadian soccer and I didn't like it. I walked from my residence on the York University campus down to the Ice Gardens where "The Score" was on and was shell-shocked at the ticker which said Guatemala 2-0 Canada.

Managed to watch a tape of the game tonight and although we played a bad first half there were some positives.

We came out really slow and should have took it to the Guats and then that goal set us back. We didn't really move forward together all that well and couldn't get any good chances. The last 5 or 10 minutes of the half were good though. We played more desperate and got close. We didn't really pressure them until about minute 60 and gave up near the end.

I think that everyone here has already agreed a long time ago to take Watson out. Pezzolito isn't ready yet. Occean played well. I'd love to see him tagged up with Radz in Edmonton. DD wasn't as sharp as normal and Pesch made a few good plays but really let us down at times.

I thought the crowd was really good. At about the 40th minute there were chants of Canada-Canada-Canada and it may have been 6,725 chanting (well less because of the Guat supporters) but it sounded like a hell of a lot more!!! For the home game in October at Swanguard, I have no doubts or complaints! (except the jet lag but that can't be helped [xx(]). I still remain optomistic that we can move on to the Hex. I mean, after a loss like that I'm sure the team will come out fired up in Edmonton. (Hopefully we'll have less injuries by that time.)

quote:Originally posted by Krammerhead

You are quite correct with that logic. If I make a comment about a match that I didn't attend and I am corrected by somebody who was at the game and see's things first hand, then I accept that. Yes I can make statements about anything, so can anybody, thats what discussion boards are all about. In regards to Radzinski I thought it was a little fishy him pulling up lame before Wednesdays game, and now there's reports that he's fine. We'll soon see if he plays his next match. Until then you can tell me to prove he's not injured and I can tell you to prove that he is.:D

Well Radz is playing today...confirming your suspicions.

quote:Originally posted by Joe05

????, reread what you just typed, it's so stupid! 98% of what is talked about on this board people didn't see first hand. Do you want us not to talk about it unless we were there? All I am saying is that if I make comments about something happening at a game I was not at and somebody who was there corrects me and tells me it happened differently then I am going to take their word for it as they were there and I wasn't.

Anyway, back to Radzinski. I was right. How'd you like them apples?

quote:Originally posted by Krammerhead

I agree with the correcting part. The problem I had with you was that when you "corrected" me on a statement regarding the Millwall/Canada match, you said I was in "no position to make such comments", as I didn't see the game. A simple correction would have done. If I'm in no position to make comments on that match, how are you in position to make a statement on Radzinski's "injury", when you didn't see the match or injury report from the trainer?

Archived