Know Thy Enemy: USA [R]

RS

I figured we should probably have a thread like this for every other team in CONCACAF. I know Fury used to have threads like this on the old board.

Anyways, no results as of yet, just two signings of very prominent young Americans by Euro clubs.

Bobby Convey signs with Reading: http://msn.foxsports.com/story/2596864

DaMarcus Beasley signs with PSV Eindhoven: http://msn.foxsports.com/story/2596862

Interesting that Convey ended up at Reading. He had been transferred to Spurs last summer, but had the transfer scuttled by the Home Office because of a lack of caps. Since then, he had played in virtually every US match, and now qualifies for the UK work permit.

quote:Originally posted by Rudi

I figured we should probably have a thread like this for every other team in CONCACAF. I know Fury used to have threads like this on the old board.

We have them here as well, many started by WF, but when they're not updated they end up too far back and we have to start them all over again... not the best system, but the only alternative I can think of is having a new section devoted only to these topics...

Beasley in Holland. Hmmmm. Might do alright out there. Is sure going to like playing at the Philips that's for sure. Real eye opener. Might take a bit of work getting some action though.

PSV are in Champions league this year (again).

Not a big Beasley fan. The Yanks are welcome to him and I hope he plays against us in the Hex. But that being said, I don't much like the sound of this.

Like Convey. And he ends up in Reading? Bit odd. Not quite the year everyone was expecting from him I guess. (Young man. Lots of upside)

Either way, good move for both men. Bad losses for MLS.

Oh well. At least MLS still has Freddie Who.

Beasley in Holland. Hmmmm. Might do alright out there. Is sure going to like playing at the Philips that's for sure. Real eye opener. Might take a bit of work getting some action though.

PSV are in Champions league this year (again).

Not a big Beasley fan. The Yanks are welcome to him and I hope he plays against us in the Hex. But that being said, I don't much like the sound of this.

Like Convey. And he ends up in Reading? Bit odd. Not quite the year everyone was expecting from him I guess. (Young man. Lots of upside)

Either way, good move for both men. Bad losses for MLS.

Oh well. At least MLS still has Freddie Who.

Archived