Vancouver Training Camp Invitees

Guest Can. in UK

Guest Can. in UK

I assume the CSA is going to announce the full roster (at some point!) for the Canada B training camp but here's an excerpt from the Montreal Gazette:

"Duty calls: 'Keeper Greg Sutton, midfielder/forward Mauro Biello and defender Gabriel Gervais will leave for Vancouver immediately after tomorrow's game in Rochester to join Canada's national team for a training camp and possibly two exhibition games. It's not known if they'll be available for Montreal's series against the Syracuse Salty Dogs, July 14 at Claude Robillard and July 16 in Syracuse."

I think it is a combination of injuries and Indoor play. Just how long can someone play 12 months a year and not break down? Still, he is a capable defender for the A-league. He had a good game last night against the Rhinos but did not stand out.

Personally, for the pittance they make in the A-league, I wouldn't bother playing outdoors. I would just play indoor soccer where the salaries are much more interesting. That way you also get a nice break in the summer to let your injuries heal.

Archived