Lineup for the Next Round

nolando

Now that we have seen almost everyone recently...

Here's my starting eleven:

Onstad

Stalteri McKenna DeVos Jazic

Bircham (in for suspended Hume) Imhof De Guzman Brennan

De Rosario Radzinski

With all kinds of qaulity options front-to-back on the bench in Lars, Poz, Atiba, Pesch, etc.

Damn this is an exciting lineup!

I'm still worried about using Onstad over Lars. Onstad is a solid keeper but we've still got a hard road ahead of us and I think we'll need better than solid goaltending. Infact I'll go as far as saying our keeper needs to be the best player on the team. Remember when we played the states during the Gold Cup, Lars was simply outstanding. There will be times during qualifying when we will need that type of goal keeping!

He was outstanding but wasn't he playing regularily for his club at the time? Even if he was a-league he was getting regualr game time...he isnt now...and i think that since it's gonna be mid-season-end of season for Pat, he'll be in prime form for these games.

The starting 11 I think Yallop will use against Guatemala (barring injuries)

GK Onstad

RB Stalteri

LB Jazic

CB DeVos

CB Watson

RM Imhoff

LM DeRosario

CM Bircham

CM DeGuzman

ST Peschisolido

ST Radzinski

The starting 11 I'd prefer to see:

GK Hirschfeld

RB Imhoff

LB Jazic

CB DeVos

CB McKenna

RM Stalteri

LM DeRosario

CM Bircham

CM DeGuzman

ST Peschisolido

ST Radzinski

Either way, I think we should be able to handle Guatemala or Surinam at home. We're going to need those 3 points.

Agreed, Goalkeeping is a concern. I didn't like the way Onstad bobbled a few of those shots. Our greatest weakness is still midfield. The players we have seen this time around have been very offensive minded. Without a good defensive minded midfielder we'll be sliced and diced in the middle of the field like against Wales.

Archived