hume to birmingham?

shaku_bert

Yes, it is pure speculation but I have read on a Tranmere board that he was scouted by Birmingham City. But if it was to happen, it might be a good thing. Past Forssell who is fantastic, BC have crummy forwards (Stern John, Clinton Morrisson). Hume might actually see a game.

Hmmn. A few days ago it was Southampton. Hume has been scouted by virtually every premiership club at one point or another. Apparently Liverpool is routinely monitoring his games. I think Hume has a bit of learning to do yet before anyone will pull the trigger on a deal, however.

The line on Hume according to Sky is that, yes he has tallent and yes he may some day turn into a decent top level player.

As of right now he gives the ball away far too much to be considered too highly. He needs better sense of when not to attempt the perfect pass.

quote:Originally posted by Natesta

The line on Hume according to Sky is that, yes he has tallent and yes he may some day turn into a decent top level player.

As of right now he gives the ball away far too much to be considered too highly. He needs better sense of when not to attempt the perfect pass.

Interesting, and astute. Better to darn with faint criticsm than to damn with faint praise.

Good for Hume. He has a bit of that sloppy magic that the game cries out for. May he ever have it so. Eduardo Galeano, in his masterful "Soccer in Sun and Shadow" said thus of such imperfection, in the vignette entittled "serious and in series":

"To win without magic,without surprise or beauty, isn't that worse than losing? In 1994, during the Spanish championship, Real Madrid was defeated by Sporting from Gijon. But the men of Real Madrid played with enthusiasm, a word that originally meant "having the gods within". The coach, Jorge Valdano, beamed at the players in the dressing room: "When you play like that, it's okay to lose."

With my third bottle of cheap African wine (lazy weekend) lying beside me in the floor, i raise my stained glass to the vision of a go-for-it Hume and beam..........

quote:Originally posted by Blue and White Army

I think Morrisson's a great striker; he's just a bit raw still, needs more coaching work.

He was absolutely brilliant for Crystal Palace a few seasons ago, and just a young lad then!

He sure was... And Forssell was quite the prodigy as well when he was at Palace on loan. It's a bit tough to see them both doing well in the Premiership. Once Steve Bruce left Palace, he took all his favourite players with him.

But then again, we got Andy Johnson the other way from Birmingham, and he's been scoring lots of goals ever since. Hopefully Bruce won't take him back!

Archived