Sita-Taty Matondo tryouts in Sweden??

massimo

According to the Impact website STM is headed to Landskrona of the Allsvenskan, the top flight of Swedish football.

Here's the link to the story.

http://www.montrealimpact.com/news.asp?no_id=231

Landskrona is in the south of Sweden, just northwest of Malmo.

Not that I read much Swedish (or any) but his name doesn't appear anywhere in the official website.

http://www.landskronabois.com

He's 99% signed and I think that the only remaining negociation is the transfer fee.

However, this means that the Impact will have a strikeforce of Sebrango, Budalic and Kolic, not having hung on to Ali, Occean, Lemire or Taty and Biello returning to the midfield. Look for the club to try and either find a young local forward or make a move.

quote:Originally posted by Daniel

However, this means that the Impact will have a strikeforce of Sebrango, Budalic and Kolic, not having hung on to Ali, Occean, Lemire or Taty and Biello returning to the midfield. Look for the club to try and either find a young local forward or make a move.

Hmm, the name Wyn Belotte comes to mind.

quote:Originally posted by bungey

Hmm, the name Wyn Belotte comes to mind.

Exactly ehat I thought, especially seeing as he's without a club and trained with the team last summer. This could be what he needs to get his career back on track.

quote:Originally posted by WildboutCdnScr

According to the Impact website STM is headed to Landskrona of the Allsvenskan, the top flight of Swedish football.

Landskrona BoIS was one of my prime suspects, since Matondo had a trial with them before the 2003 season. But there is no word about him anywhere, not on the official site, not on the fan-sites, not in the local papers. BoIS (as we usually call them) has spent this week in Spain on training camp, so if Matondo's been on a try-out with them he should have been there. According to reports from training matches he hasn't. And swedish teams are usually fairly open about try-outs.

EDIT: Ok, sorry. Didn't read the last news from the Impact website. Says he's going to Sweden on monday for a tryout with Landskrona. Makes more sense.

quote:Originally posted by Dandal

Landskrona BoIS was one of my prime suspects, since Matondo had a trial with them before the 2003 season. But there is no word about him anywhere, not on the official site, not on the fan-sites, not in the local papers. BoIS (as we usually call them) has spent this week in Spain on training camp, so if Matondo's been on a try-out with them he should have been there. According to reports from training matches he hasn't. And swedish teams are usually fairly open about try-outs.

EDIT: Ok, sorry. Didn't read the last news from the Impact website. Says he's going to Sweden on monday for a tryout with Landskrona. Makes more sense.

Keep us up-dated if you have more info on his try-out.

Many thanks!

Sita-Taty Matondo has joined Landskrona BoIS on a 6 month contract, or a six month long try-out as Landskrona sport director Issa Manglind puts it. They've been watching him since his trial with the team a year ago and likes what they've seen. He did a very good YWC together with Atiba Hutchinson, and that Atiba now is at Helsingborg (20 minutes drive away) had some importance for Matondo in accepting the deal. Manglind calls Matondo a fastfooted midfielder/attacker with great technique and big potential.

Matondo will probably start playing for the development team/youth team. "- That way he'll get time to get used to the european play. We have big hopes for him."

News on Sita-Taty Matondo from the local press in Sweden:

http://www.hd.se/ArticlePages/200403/15/20040315131852_-Alla_anvandare-095/20040315131852_-Alla_anvandare-095.dbp.shtml

--------------------

Matondo får ny chans i BoIS

Den kanadensiske U-landslagsmannen ska testas under sex månader i Landskronas U-lag.

2004-03-15 17:38

Fotboll. Vi berättade om affären redan i söndagens tidning och nu är allt klart: Den Kongofödde kanadensaren Sita-Taty Matondo kommer tillbaka till Landskrona för att ingå i BoIS U-trupp under det närmaste halvåret.

– Matondo har visat en positiv utvecklingskurva sedan han var här och testade och vi vill ge honom en ny chans att visa upp sig, mer på allvar, kommenterar sportchefen Issa Manglind.

Sita-Taty Matondo besökte BoIS under en decembervecka 2002 och spelade bland annat en internmatch i Laröd. Då räckte han inte riktigt till och det var framförallt fysiken som brast.

– Han var lite väl tunn, minns tränaren Jan Jönsson. Men nu har vi fått positiva rapporter och när han får börja i U-truppen känns det som om vi är rätt på det.

Den nye BoIS-aren fyllde 19 i december och de senaste sex åren har han varit bosatt i Montreal. Under 2003 spelade Matondo som proffs i Montreal Impact och under sin första säsong i kanadensiska A-League gjorde han fyra mål på 20 matcher. Sita-Taty har dessutom spelat både OS-kval och VM-slutspel med Kanadas U-landslag, där han ofta härjat på mittfältet tillsammans med HIF:s nyförvärv Atiba Hutchinson.

– Matondo är en snabb och teknisk spelare, som kan användas både i anfallet och som yttermittfätare, beskriver Issa Manglind. Jag tycker att hans meriter talar för sig själva, det här är en verkligt intressant framtidsman, precis som Robin Wikman som också är ny i vår U-trupp.

Sita-Taty Matondo kommer till Landskrona i slutet av den här veckan och om han inte hinner hit i tid till U-lagets match mot Bröndby på torsdag lär det bli debut mot MFF nästa vecka.

Lennart Norlöv

lennart.norlov@hd.se

Tel 0418-575 27

Archived