Preview Canucks in National Cups

Guest Jeffery S.

Guest Jeffery S.

Teams with Canadians on the squad have a good shot at making their respective league cup finals over the coming month, thought I'd preview this though it is still early.

Imhof's St. Gallen has a home semi-final match vs. Wil, very accessible, to be played on the first weekend of April. The final will be the next week.

Werder Bremen with Stalteri will be home to Moenchengladbach in their semi-final of the German Pokal, think this will be mid month of March.

Benfica, with Aguiar, is home to Belenenses in their semi-final match, on March 17. Another team with a good shot at making the finals, likely vs. Porto.

Hume's Tranmere has drawn Millwall away next weekendin the FA Cup quarter finals. Sheffield United and Peschisolido will face Sunderland away same dates. Both ties are a bit more complicated.

Looking forward to seeing some Canucks enjoying the silverware this season.

quote:Originally posted by Jeffrey S.

Teams with Canadians on the squad have a good shot at making their respective league cup finals over the coming month, thought I'd preview this though it is still early.

Imhof's St. Gallen has a home semi-final match vs. Wil, very accessible, to be played on the first weekend of April. The final will be the next week.

Werder Bremen with Stalteri will be home to Moenchengladbach in their semi-final of the German Pokal, think this will be mid month of March.

Benfica, with Aguiar, is home to Belenenses in their semi-final match, on March 17. Another team with a good shot at making the finals, likely vs. Porto.

Hume's Tranmere has drawn Millwall away next weekendin the FA Cup quarter finals. Sheffield United and Peschisolido will face Sunderland away same dates. Both ties are a bit more complicated.

Looking forward to seeing some Canucks enjoying the silverware this season.

Good to hear these things. With Champions league and UEFA cup matches now available on TV in Canada, there exists a greater possibility to see some Canucks in action next year on the tube. Since the year when Rad and Imhoff played in CL, we haven't been that fortunate.

quote:Originally posted by Can. in UK

If anyone is interested in going to the Tranmere/Milwall game, I have a couple extra tickets! You can e-mail me if you're interested...

teamcolin@hotmail.com

How much?

Are you not going anymore?

I so want to go, but my signifigant other has family coming in that day. Which would mean I'd have to go by myself.

Still tempting... soooo tempting!

Guest Can. in UK

EVERYONE has been trying to talk me out of it... but I do want to go... I haven't decided yet.

If it's somebody from this board, I'll charge the face price (16£).

Guest Jeffery S.
quote:Originally posted by Jeffrey S.

My bad, Imhof is into the semi final this week (not the third of the fourth but the fourth of the third month) vs. Wil at home. Still a good chance at the final. Think Grasshopper and Zurich are in the other semi, so if St. Gallen goes through the final will be tough. Going to have to look at the final date again....

I went to a Millwall match against Crystal Palace, but this was at Selhurst Park (Palace's ground). It was certainly an experience!

Things started off well when during a minute of silence at the beginning of the game (for a recently perished soccer announcer), there were still murmurs coming from the Millwall end, so a Palace fan yells out at the top of his lungs "SHUT UP, YOU SCUM!". Millwall did not approve.

They had closed off part of the stands in order to have a bigger buffer between Palace and Millwall supporters. However, they didn't actually cover the area off - they just had police blocking it. That lasted for all of 5 minutes, before Millwall took over the area.

It got ugly near the end with coin-throwing from both sides. That was the only unenjoyable part.

Never been to the New Den though. Good luck! :)

Guest Jeffery S.

Imhof and St. Gallen go after the Swiss Cup final tonight, home vs. Wil. They should go through. Winner will face Grasshoppers who won an amazing match last night at home over Zurich, 6-5 in extra time.

Zurich was up 2-5 in m. 63, last goal by de Sousa, who was sent off in the next minute. Grasshoppers tied it with three goals in the last 7 minutes to go into extra time, where they won on a Nuñez goal after 5 more minutes.

Addendum via edit: as posted in Canucks in Action, St. Gallen lost 1-2 at home to Wil with Imhof having to suffer the whole way on the pitch. I think their fans must be damn angry.

Guest Jeffery S.

Imhof and St. Gallen go after the Swiss Cup final tonight, home vs. Wil. They should go through. Winner will face Grasshoppers who won an amazing match last night at home over Zurich, 6-5 in extra time.

Zurich was up 2-5 in m. 63, last goal by de Sousa, who was sent off in the next minute. Grasshoppers tied it with three goals in the last 7 minutes to go into extra time, where they won on a Nuñez goal after 5 more minutes.

Addendum via edit: as posted in Canucks in Action, St. Gallen lost 1-2 at home to Wil with Imhof having to suffer the whole way on the pitch. I think their fans must be damn angry.

quote:Originally posted by Can. in UK

Canadian loonies, perhaps?

Yeah, loonies hurt like hell. Ever taken one off the noggin? Twoonies are even worse, what with the jagged edge and all. We have deadly coins in this country. Just ask Oasis. Somebody nailed Liam with a coin several years back when they played in Vancouver. Oasis was absolutely shi.te.

Archived