Merry Christmas. Watch some soccer.

sstackho

Yeah but Manchester United didn't make the third game as the Woman's World Cup Canada vs China quarterfinal finished up the show. Isn't that the first time that European soccer especially UK soccer DID NOT sweep all three spots?

Manchester United games were offered as at least a third game if I remember right. (maybe they lost that game?)

quote:Originally posted by Rocket Robin

Yeah but Manchester United didn't make the third game as the Woman's World Cup Canada vs China quarterfinal finished up the show. Isn't that the first time that European soccer especially UK soccer DID NOT sweep all three spots?

Manchester United games were offered as at least a third game if I remember right. (maybe they lost that game?)

It worked differently this year. There were in effect three separate votes: choose one EPL game, choose one Champions World Series game, choose one Women's World Cup game. Hence, Man U couldn't have had three spots, but they did sweep the two that they were up for.

quote:Originally posted by Daniel

Uh, I watched Decade of Great Goals at 11pm on SNE. It was the first half of the Premier League's 10 years.

And right now (11PM-12AM PST) it's on Sportsnet Pacific. And last hour "Own Goals and Gaffs" was on Sportsnet West. However none of these appear on the schedules on Sportsnet's site.

Anyway, I can't get into these EPL shows. A couple of years ago I taped a countdown of the top 100 World Cup goals and a collection of World Cup bloopers that were shown on FSWC, amongst other World Cup highlight shows. Those were much better.

quote:Originally posted by Daniel

Uh, I watched Decade of Great Goals at 11pm on SNE. It was the first half of the Premier League's 10 years.

And right now (11PM-12AM PST) it's on Sportsnet Pacific. And last hour "Own Goals and Gaffs" was on Sportsnet West. However none of these appear on the schedules on Sportsnet's site.

Anyway, I can't get into these EPL shows. A couple of years ago I taped a countdown of the top 100 World Cup goals and a collection of World Cup bloopers that were shown on FSWC, amongst other World Cup highlight shows. Those were much better.

quote:Originally posted by hamiltonfan

i dont know why they didnt show own goals and gaffs and decades of great goals. really looking forward to it!

Yeah, that sucked!! Was looking forward to it too only to see Sportsnet show some documentary about some fat NFL dude followed by one of the 87 bowl games!? (Although I did get a good laugh when I tuned into that bowl game for 5 seconds to hear the announcer say "What would Christmas be like without the Blue/Grey classic"! Haha... yeah, right. I couldn't imagine!)

Archived