Of all the days!!!!........

Franky

i have been covering for my wife's maternity leave position for the past year and now, she has gone back to work and low and behold, who does she get as one of her patient's in her chair, the one and only, Women's National team head coach Even Pellerud!! eerrrrrr!!!!

anyways, she past a few words of appraisal for a job well done from my direction to him and she also found out that he is relocating to Vancouver starting next year.

quote:Originally posted by Franky

i have been covering for my wife's maternity leave position for the past year and now, she has gone back to work and low and behold, who does she get as one of her patient's in her chair, the one and only, Women's National team head coach Even Pellerud!! eerrrrrr!!!!

anyways, she past a few words of appraisal for a job well done from my direction to him and she also found out that he is relocating to Vancouver starting next year.

I knew about his relocation. But what happened to the confidentiality of doctor/patient record?

quote:Originally posted by The Ref

I knew about his relocation. But what happened to the confidentiality of doctor/patient record?

How does passing along that he mentioned he's relocating to Vancouver breaking doctor-patient confidentiality?

Is moving to Vancouver a private medical condition?

quote:Originally posted by Krammerhead

How does passing along that he mentioned he's relocating to Vancouver breaking doctor-patient confidentiality?

Is moving to Vancouver a private medical condition?

I doesn't have to be. There is the expectation of privacy in all what you say behind closed doors. Unless the patient explicitly voids that privilege or if it is said in front of other people who are not sworned by the Hypocratic Oath, i.e. said in the waiting room in front of other patients waiting. However the leak appears not to have come from these other people. IMHO it does not appear right that something you say is all of a sudden in the Internet for all to read. If I am wrong I apoligize to Franky and his wife.

quote:Originally posted by Gian-Luca

And I really doubt that Pellerud would be too upset about this "news" being leaked.

the news isn't being "leaked" ... an article from a few weeks back already mentioned that coach pellerud will be relocating to the west coast next year.

elaine

First Kara Lang, now Pellerud. Hey, as a Vancouver boy I think this is great news, and I'll go so far as to say that I think all of the Voyageurs should move here, too. And I see, too, that there is more talk in the media about a soccer-specific stadium in Vancouver. I hope it is not a pipe dream. One in TO and one in Lotusland would be great for soccer in the country. Now, if only the Big Oil Dudes in Alberta would start spending some of their money on the people of the province. Come on, buy Calgary a nice stadium and help them build a good team and organization.

First Kara Lang, now Pellerud. Hey, as a Vancouver boy I think this is great news, and I'll go so far as to say that I think all of the Voyageurs should move here, too. And I see, too, that there is more talk in the media about a soccer-specific stadium in Vancouver. I hope it is not a pipe dream. One in TO and one in Lotusland would be great for soccer in the country. Now, if only the Big Oil Dudes in Alberta would start spending some of their money on the people of the province. Come on, buy Calgary a nice stadium and help them build a good team and organization.

Guest Georgio

There should be an independant investigation into this "leak" dammit!!! This can not go unanswered. Someone has to lose their job in either the CSA or that bloody doctor's office! I don't care who, but someone!!

Guest Georgio

There should be an independant investigation into this "leak" dammit!!! This can not go unanswered. Someone has to lose their job in either the CSA or that bloody doctor's office! I don't care who, but someone!!

Hey Ref, calm down, man.

it is already known he is relocating to Vancouver and just to put your mind at ease, he did mention it to everyone in the office (from what my wife relayed to me, which was news to her and the office but not to myself, i had already known), basically, confirming what was said a week prior in the news. That does not hinder any breaking of the patient confidentiality act. ie; YOu can get a more of a severe penalty just by telling a parent/guardian that their own kid, who might be 18yrs+ old, is smoking.

I might like to stipulate that, i never mentioned the name of any practice, which would made the issue more disturbing. nor did i discuss vital medical records or treatments, which would have held me extremely liable.

Even Pellerud, is in the soccer limelight at this moment, therefore, something simple as him relocating to Vancouver is already public domain and not a best secret kept 'behind closed doors'. there isn't anything that has to be voided, in this case. believe me, my governing bodies and accrediting assoc. have shoved this item of topic into our heads nauciously, over and over again.

i hope that clears any slight fears.

Archived