a little bit ticked off...

suitepee

to see a picture of that piece of crap Antonio Davis on the front of today's Toronto Star Sports section. Canada makes it to the World Cup semifinals and the millionaire who hates Toronto is shown instead of Hooper. Oh well. Great job, Canada!

quote:Originally posted by suitepee

to see a picture of that piece of crap Antonio Davis on the front of today's Toronto Star Sports section. Canada makes it to the World Cup semifinals and the millionaire who hates Toronto is shown instead of Hooper. Oh well. Great job, Canada!

I know Toronto likes to pretend they're not part of Canada sometimes, but that is disappointing. Well, at least now you won't hesitate when looking for something to scoop your dog's crap with! ... But was the WWC game finished before they printed that newspaper?

quote:Originally posted by Elaine

but they did have a full article and picture in the inside etc

More pictures like this one will make soccer fans out of joe public.

slam_pod-ap.jpg

In my copy of the Toronto Star sports section, the Canada win is the top story at the top of the first page. I don't know why the Star didn't put a photo of that on the front page as well, but their coverage has been great.

I saw the match in a pub that isn't a known as a "soccer-pub" in Toronto, and I was meeting friends who aren't die-hard soccer fans. I didn't even have to ask the staff to put the match on, they already had their tv's on Sportsnet, even for the Germany-Russia match. One tv was on baseball, but not too many people were interested in that. Conversely, everybody in the pub (just your average joe public) was glued to the Canada match and cheered, gasped and reacted to that match as it went on, with a good ovation taking place at the final whistle.

It was nice to see.

I can't agree that the picture should have been on the front page -- that was all Ontario election, along with the story about the Canadian soldiers who died in Kabul. As much as that was a huge win, the election and the soldiers' deaths were bigger events. There's no excuse why there wasn't a picture on the first page of sports, though (unless maybe the first page was laid out before it was available, but I kind of doubt that). I'll be angry if they don't make the front page with the next win, though.

Just to let you know the Montreal Gazette wins the prize for the Worst Paper in Canada. European soccer is more important to them than the World Cup.

Naturaly they hid behind the excuse that the game finished too late for suburban edition to have any news.

The joke is the Russia/Germany game finished at about 9:30 and according to the Gazette this game didn't happen........no news, do me a favour and e-mail this clown: scowan@thegazette.canwest.com.

Are not these countries in Eurpoe?

World Cup hello!!!!! anybody home?

Archived