best striker in concacaf

snake

quote:Originally posted by snake

the u.s. will not qualify for the next wc.teams getting thru will be mexico,costa rica and canada.

*lol* I'm not going to take the bait of an obvious troll. If you can present a factual argument based on results on the field I'll read it. Canada having a better chance than the US is pure speculation on your part. It is not something you can back up with facts.

Guest Jeffery S.

Funny thing is this changes almost month to month. Radz has not had a great start to the season, just average, and for Canada it is all in the air. I would love for Radz to be Canada's top striker.

Over the last 6 or 7 years maybe it would be Yorke, and in the same period Dely Valdes would have to be top 5. I have no idea where he is this year, getting on in age, but not at Málaga anymore. Anyone?

I like McBride a lot, but like so many in our region it goes up and down.

Not one Concacaf striker has been really tops since Hugo Sanchez, probably the best ever. So that is over a decade without a clear leader in the department.

I have seen Wanchope play this year, a pre-season friendly vs. Barça. He still has the stuff, and at least is v. entertaining to watch. Lots of competition at Man City though, may not really stand out this year for that reason. But my guess is that come WC qualifying he will emerge as the best striker in CONCACAF, sticking my neck out.

I wouldn't knock Landon either, though would really like him to play on a decent European side. Just decent. I think about Dallesandro going to Wolfsburg, surprising but probably in terms of career a great move. Landon at Betis or Paris S Germain or even back at Leverkusen would be interesting to watch. Unfortunately the signs are that he does not have the nerve to lose image in favour of the hard work his career really needs.

quote:Originally posted by Jeffrey S.

I wouldn't knock Landon either, though would really like him to play on a decent European side. Just decent. I think about Dallesandro going to Wolfsburg, surprising but probably in terms of career a great move. Landon at Betis or Paris S Germain or even back at Leverkusen would be interesting to watch.

But unlike Donovan, D'Allesandro is good enough to play for any team. Still not sure if it was a good move to go to Wolfsburg. But then again Maradona went to Napoli so great players can bring average teams to the top level... just sucks that we won't see him much for now.

quote:Originally posted by snake

mcbride didnt achiece anything in his brief spells in the epl.very overated.the american equivalant of domenic mobilio.

You obviously have not watched any of McBride's Everton games or last year's World Cup for that matter. That's a blatant lie, and like Crazy Yank said, a piss poor effort at trolling.

Over the last 6 or 7 years maybe it would be Yorke, and in the same period Dely Valdes would have to be top 5. I have no idea where he is this year, getting on in age, but not at Málaga anymore. Anyone?

Julio Cesar Dely Valdes plays at Nacional in Uruguay right now. He scored last night against Libertad of Paraguay. I haven't really seen him play much lately, but looks like National will play River Plate over 2-legs in the quarter-finals of the Copa Sudamericana so I'll be watching him at that time for sure ...

Guest Jeffery S.
quote:Originally posted by bettermirror

why bring up d'allesandro? he's not from concacaf.

Plse read it again, but if you have to read it again and again, and yet another time, forget it.

Hell, I'll explain it: sometimes a player with a big name and seemingly set for some big move decides on something more modest, and it ends up working out for a number of reasons. Not the same pressure, the fans and club more appreciative, a context where you can develop a bit without having to win everything. This is what D'Allesandro did, and it is the best example of such a move this year. The kind of move I think someone like Donovan should think about, instead of having to think he has to go somewhere to win a major European league or score 20 goals.

Don't know why I bother really...

Funny thing is this changes almost month to month. Radz has not had a great start to the season, just average, and for Canada it is all in the air. I would love for Radz to be Canada's top striker.

I like McBride a lot, but like so many in our region it goes up and down.

Not one Concacaf striker has been really tops since Hugo Sanchez, probably the best ever. So that is over a decade without a clear leader in the department.

I have seen Wanchope play this year, a pre-season friendly vs. Barça. He still has the stuff, and at least is v. entertaining to watch. Lots of competition at Man City though, may not really stand out this year for that reason. But my guess is that come WC qualifying he will emerge as the best striker in CONCACAF, sticking my neck out.

I wouldn't knock Landon either, though would really like him to play on a decent European side. Just decent. I think about Dallesandro going to Wolfsburg, surprising but probably in terms of career a great move. Landon at Betis or Paris S Germain or even back at Leverkusen would be interesting to watch. Unfortunately the signs are that he does not have the nerve to lose image in favour of the hard work his career really needs.

Doesn't Raz have 3 goals in 5 matches? Donovon will be back in Europe. His loan deal expires at the end of next season. He's stated he wants to be back.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived