best striker in concacaf

snake

Mcbride is up there, when i saw him at the goldcup he was outstanding. Probobly not better then the rat, but he should be in the running for top concacaff striker

Lando doesnt show me anything on the pitch, he is just a star in the medias eyes, there are so many better americans then him

I'd probably end up with Radz as well, but I have to add that Borghetti was a joy to watch at times in the WC--one of the best goals of the tournament, I thought, was one of his headers (who he scored it against escapes me at the moment--Italy maybe?)...

Allez les Rouges,

M@

Borghetti scored the header against Italy...Mexico passed the ball around for about 15 touches and the header was the weirdest one I have ever seen... he headed backwards flicking his head the opposite way...but if you are saying borghetti is better than Blanco...I seriously disagree...are we talking about best strikers for their national team or for their club sides...cause Radz hasn't done it for Canada while some others have done it for their respective countries...even Yorke didn't do it for T&T...

quote:Originally posted by Schoolboy

Borghetti scored the header against Italy...Mexico passed the ball around for about 15 touches and the header was the weirdest one I have ever seen... he headed backwards flicking his head the opposite way...but if you are saying borghetti is better than Blanco...I seriously disagree...

Hey, disagree away. I haven't seen enough of either Blanco or Borghetti to make a definitive judgement. And across his career, maybe Blanco has an edge, though I must say I haven't seen much in the last 2-3 years that impressed me from Blanco--what little I have seen.

But that was the one I was talking about. Not often you'll see a sharp-angle, far-post, back-to-goal header. I didn't think the last WC had a lot of impressive goals--did Korea score any good goals at all, really?--but that one would stand out in any World Cup.

Ah, opinions. They're like, uh, democracy or something...

Allez les Rouges,

M@

Guatemalas Carlos Ruiz should be given some consideration.He was top scorer in MLS last year.He scores some nice goals but likes to go to ground too often.Havnt seen him with his national team.I'll have to look back at the last Canada/Guatemala tape to see if he was even in the lineup back then.I'd still take Radzinski though.

quote:Originally posted by Joe05

Blanco and Wanchope are tops, but with a few more games in the region I think Radz would become the best.

Wanchope[?]

I don't know about that. Maybe a couple of seasons ago, but I've never been much of a fan of his. I think I can step back far enough to objectively rule Wanchope out of the race.

Yeah McBride and Ruiz probably the best in MLS this year but the league leaves a bit to be desired, competative quality speaking. Don't care much for Ruiz. Bit of the latin dramatics in his blood, and too flaky for me. Like Donavin even less. He's just a mannish-boy so far as I'm concearned. Maybe he'll grow a little. Still has plenty of time.

So Thomasz Toffee it is. When someone else puts up the numbers our wee man has and proves as important to his side they'll be a better argument.

Hmmmm. Toffee and a little DDR. Sweet. You can bet that combination is getting some thought & attention in every CONCACAF federation south of the 49th.

yeah i like ruiz...but not donavan...de rosario is the better stiker with san jose...i wonder if more mexican players will play with the new mexican owned mls san diego team...does anybody remember the triplets for panama...one of them still plays in spain...they played against canada a couple of years back in a qualifier in panama...there is another costa rican striker other than wanchope...everybody hated onandi lowe when he was in montreal...i guess with the goals that radz is scoring in arguably one of the top leagues in the world he must be the best... but how does the mexican league compare with other leagues...ronaldinho's goal against seaman was pretty nice...any of junichi inamoto's goal were magic as well

quote:Originally posted by snake

top ten

1.radzinski

2.blanco

3.wanchope

4.o.lowe

5.borghetti

6.yorke

7.donovan

8.pesch

9.preki

10.adu(who would argue)

Onandi Lowe has been playing for RUSHDEN AND DIAMONDS, people. That's worse than MLS. I don't know why everyone has such a boner for Europe.

Radzinski is definitley the best CONCACAF striker of late. He consistently puts them away for a respectable club in arguably the world's best league.

top ten

1.radzinski

2.blanco

3.wanchope

4.o.lowe

5.borghetti

6.yorke

7.donovan

8.pesch

9.preki

10.adu(who would argue)

Due to the fact that the MFL gets almost zero press in Canada, I think I could safely say that we all don't know what we're talking about. To say RADZ is #1 is probably a safe bet. But making a list that includes the likes of Preki and Adu without 10 and 30, respectively, MFL players ahead of them is way-off! Nevermind all the Concacaf strikers in Europe that are also ahead of these guys.

I'd be hesitant to put any MLS player on any list because its the only league that doesn't play any games against teams from other leagues.

onandi lowe may play for a lousy team in the english 2nd div but he still leads the LEAGUE in goals.

He scored a grand total of 3 goals during his one MLS season. He's nothing journeymen MLS defenders can't handle. McBride has scored a hell of a lot more goals and proven himself at the highest levels. Lowe hasn't done anything note worthy. Any claims of Lowe being the better player are pure speculation and cannot be backed up with results on the playing field. The only concacaf strikers better than McBride are Radzinski, Wanchope, and Borghetti. Yorke in his prime was, but Yorke today is just a shell of the mid 90's Yorke.

top ten

1.radzinski

2.blanco

3.wanchope

4.o.lowe

5.borghetti

6.yorke

7.donovan

8.pesch

9.preki

10.adu(who would argue)

Pesch? You think a guy who wouldn't get a sniff with the USNT if he were American is better than our best striker? McBride is better than your 4th-10th choices.

quote:Originally posted by SeanKeay

Mcbride is up there, when i saw him at the goldcup he was outstanding. Probobly not better then the rat, but he should be in the running for top concacaff striker

Lando doesnt show me anything on the pitch, he is just a star in the medias eyes, there are so many better americans then him

Agree 100% with your McBride accessment. Not about Donovon though. Did you see his hat trick last Saturday? Pure class. He had an outstanding World Cup. He had a slow start to this MLS season, but has been by far the league's best player over the past few months. He's one of the top 5 goal scorers in the league and is able to raise the level of the players around him. Ask DeRosario about it. I'm not saying Donovon is world class, but I think he has the ability to become so. Especially since his finishing has improved in leaps and bounds this season. Some of the mental aspects just come with age.

Archived