Impact in Quebec City

loyola

Tomorrow the Mtl Impact will be playing in Quebec City at the ULaval Stadium and they have already sold 9 000 tickets for the game. If the weather is with us, I think we can expect a bigger crowd (11-12 000).

I hope we'll have a good game.

A team is definitely feasible and as we have seen this year with Matondo and Ribeiro, there ARE Québec players just waiting to have a chance to play in the A-League.

Plus, the Montréal-Québec rivalry would be HUGE.

The problem, as always, is finding an owner. Perhaps a partnership (like the Oilers) is the most feasible idea in that regard.

Allez l'Impact!

Allez les Rouges!

Allons Ultras!

We had rain all morning long and it stopped only 30 minutes before the game, I think that's the reason why we had that small crowd. 8600 is the number of people in the crowd, not the number of tickets sold.

It was a good game for a 0-0 draw, I think Syracuse was the best team on the pitch, but in the OT Mtl created some very good chances.

A team in Qc City would be great, but I don't think that we'll be able to find an owner for the team.

quote:Originally posted by loyola

A team in Qc City would be great, but I don't think that we'll be able to find an owner for the team.

What about that clown who sold the Nordiques? Can't remember the buggers name - nor do I want to - but he pocketed a nice chunk of change. Of course, he probably doesn't live in Quebec City any more.

The opinions expressed above are just that.

The clown's name is Marcel Aubut and I wouldn't trast hime to be the owner of a Quebec City team.

I saw a former McGill Martlets player, Victoria Lowerson, at the game and she felt the same as me - the game was utter garbage.

Got a chance to see the women's University Laval Rouge et Or soccer team play the University of Gettysburg and the Laval team played decent - more than can be said for the Impact.

quote:Originally posted by Gordon

What about that clown who sold the Nordiques? Can't remember the buggers name - nor do I want to - but he pocketed a nice chunk of change. Of course, he probably doesn't live in Quebec City any more.

The opinions expressed above are just that.

Marcel Aubut is still living in Quebec City........

quote:Originally posted by loyola

Marcel Aubut is still living in Quebec City........

I thought that he was living in Montreal. He's even working as a consultant for the Montreal Canadien. And as for today's game, the Syracuse played very decently and had some opportunities but for the Impact, Impact supporter is right: Total garbage, pee wees display.

quote:Originally posted by Christian B.

I thought that he was living in Montreal. He's even working as a consultant for the Montreal Canadien. And as for today's game, the Syracuse played very decently and had some opportunities but for the Impact, Impact supporter is right: Total garbage, pee wees display.

Thats Bob Lilley for you. He may be a winning coach but his coaching style puts fans to sleep. When Montreal was here last in Vancouver the game was so boring that I hadn't noticed that Montreal had scored a goal in the 76th minute until near the final whistle when I glanced at the scoreboard to see we were losing 1-0!

Montreal must lead the league in scoreless games.

Good crowd but very borring game. Like Loyola said, the morning rain has not help have a bigger crowd. I think Lilley should play Mark Rowland more often, he always make sparks when on the field. Also why not give a chance to Darko Kolic upfront !!! With two 0-0 results in a row we have nothing to lose, he's not that bad !!!

Hope all Ultras have a good time in "La veille Capitale"

The Coach

Archived