Kicker Ratings from Sunday

Gordon

As posted by Olafg on BigSoccer;

kicker ratings:

Rost 3 - Rau 3.5, Baumann 5, Wörns 2.5, Friedrich 4.5 - Kehl 4, Frings 4, Ramelow 3, Schneider 3 - Lauth 4.5, Bobic 2. Rated substitutes: Butt 3, Freier 2, Hinkel 2.5, Neuville 2.5, Rehmer 3.5

Onstad 2.5 - Fenwick 4.5, Pizzolitto 4.5, Hastings 4 - Nsaliwa 3, Imhof 4.5, Dasovic 4, de Guzman 3 - Nash 4, Stalteri 3 - McKenna 3.5

Ref: 4.5 (for cancelling two correct German goals)

Chances: 9-2

Game Rating: 3.5

Player of the Game: Fredi Bobic

In a World full of caterpillars it takes balls to be a butterfly.

quote:Originally posted by Mimglow

I'm a little confused as I've never seen the Kicker ratings before. Is 1 the best rating and 5 the worst?

Mimglow, Ottawa

Where are the weapons of mass destruction?

I think that the worst is 6. But basically, the lower the number, the better the rating.

In a World full of caterpillars it takes balls to be a butterfly.

I can't believe that Dasovic & Nash were given equal marks. On what basis? One completed almost all of his passes & set up a goal, the other didn't.

Well a lot of things can happen, when you're walking down the street, and it never fails to amaze me, the people that I meet. They all say "See you later" and I just answer "How? How will you see me later, when you can't see me now?" - Kevin Ayers, The Confessions of Dr. Dream & Other Stories (1974)

I thought Nash really had a quiet game. Few errors, but he didn't really impose himself on the match in the run of play. His cross on the goal certainly merited him better than Dasovic by a bit I would say. Imhof was quiet, but he tends to get better reviews from the people there, so I was interested to see that kicker didn't rate him very high either. No big worry there though. He'll bounce back after an off game. Nice marks for Nsaliwa as well.

A 5 for Baumann? Ouch, they took that goal pretty seriously didn't they? I thought Lauth was the worst German on the day.

cheers,

matthew

The secret of life is to find moments of levity and grace in what is, ultimately, a tragedy. Watching Canadian soccer is good practice for this.

From what I saw of the match, I think Kicker, aside from a half a point on a few, got it right with the Canadian players... de Guzman, Nsaliwa, and Stalteri (think he was the best of the three) were the most involved outfield players. Onstadt was ok so I don't have an objection with his rating. As for the weaker performances, who knows?

Archived