Crew to Austin?

TRM

1 hour ago, BuzzAndSting said:

Interesting considering there is currently a rule that prevents NFL owners from owing other sports franchises. There’s been speculation that NFL owners are going to change that but it must be iminanent.

There are at least 3 current NFL owners that own multiple teams.  Robert Kraft, Stan Kroenke and Paul Allen.  That is just off the top of my head.

1 hour ago, devioustrevor said:

There are at least 3 current NFL owners that own multiple teams.  Robert Kraft, Stan Kroenke and Paul Allen.  That is just off the top of my head.

Apologies, just looked it up to clarify. The NFL prevents majority ownership of another franchise in a different NFL market. So in this case Jimmy “Jack The Rebate” Haslam is perfectly allowed to “buy” the Crew.

The passion for the Crew seems so have grown big time over the last decade, which is good to see. Was there to see TFC in the 2007 season and the home support was scarily low. The rivalry with TFC after the massive support that traveled down the following year seemed to galvanize the fan group culture there a bit. If even the Crew can be saved after being the league's basket case financially for many years I don't think we need to worry too much about the Impact despite what is being posted elsewhere on here. Garber and co clearly didn't like the optics of what an outright relocation would do to fan culture.

Archived