New kit deal with Adidas

Yohan

56 minutes ago, L.MODRIC said:

LOL...2 teams?thats what you call a league

expect it to be USL CSL quality like

Ohhhhhhh okay, now I get it, you're completely naive and out of the loop. 

So they're not going to actually have just two teams in the league. There's already ownership groups announced in three other provinces and another in Ontario. The Faths have been attending meetings and the Fury have talked positively of the league. They have a head office in Toronto and have begun to hire employees. 

I'm not sure what you expect at this point but you have no reason to doubt anything. Feel free to check the CPL General thread and read the dozens of articles about the league and it's teams posted there. Also be sure to check out the numerous interviews different owners, league officials and insiders have done.

13 minutes ago, BuzzAndSting said:

Ohhhhhhh okay, now I get it, you're completely naive and out of the loop...

Suspect he's not hugely out of tune with how most soccer people see this at the moment, if you get away from this board, which is not hugely representative of Canadian soccer fans given the strong CMNT focus, because unfortunately the national team has never been adopted to the extent it should have been. We have been assured big things were just around the corner going at least as far back as the summer of 2015:

https://archive.org/details/TwoSolitudesSoccerPodcast94ACanadianLeagueFinallyAndGoldCup

and now after you all bought the t-shirts even 2018 probably isn't happening by all accounts. Even though CanPL now has a reasonable shot at actually happening (the amount of things that need to fall neatly into place on stadium issues shouldn't be underestimated) and is looking a lot more solid than it ever did previously probably based mainly on stuff that happened after Paul Beirne was hired late last year, if you cry wolf misleadingly often enough a lot of people will eventually stop listening by the time the genuine article finally starts to approach.

Archived