League 1 Ontario 2016--League Championship Final

Rocket Robin

1 hour ago, Rocket Robin said:
October 15, 2016 League 1 Ontario League Championship Final

Vaughan Azzurri 4   FC London 2

I noticed the L1O website also gave an attendance of 700 - is your number coming from the same source or were they independent measures?

Seemed a little bit high to me as I was guessing about 500 from the video footage.

Caught me on that one.  This was the quote of Dino Rossi so I'd expect that was inflated....although seemed more reasonable than what TFC II would say about their crowds.  The crowd did grow as the game wore on.  I was not at the greatest angle being right at the center line in the top row of the stands. 

19 hours ago, Rocket Robin said:
October 15, 2016 League 1 Ontario League Championship Final

Vaughan Azzurri 4   FC London 2

Rocket Robin, I'd like to get your opinion on the level of play in L1O. With 3 L1O seasons in the books, and you being in attendance for games frequently, do you think the level of play has gotten any better over the years? Or has it gotten worse?

Me personally I've only ever been to 1 game unfortunately. I bring it up because at the start of the season last year I believe, I read team previews on the L1O website, and it seemed like most teams were going younger for year 2 than they did in year 1. TFC obviously was most explicit in this tactic. It was also interesting to see the drop off in results this year for Oakville compared to last year. I don't know if they dumbed down their roster this year, or if the rest of the field did some catching up (or a bit of both).

Archived