Europa League and Champions League draw

Toje

Europa League - http://www.uefa.com/uefaeuropaleague/news/newsid=2259453.html

West Ham will play FC Lusitans (Andorra).  I assume they will play the game in Barcelona...?

Dont hasn't it has been decided yet.  Their home ground only holds 900(!) but people have been speculating that it will get moved to the Andorra national stadium that holds 3300.  I am going to Toronto a week after, so I wont even bother trying to get a ticket.  

• 3 weeks later...

Bilic was ripped by the Andorran coach and the Catalan press for not being on the bench for the first game. Since they only lost 3-0 they felt they had been slighted, in fact a 3-0 win for West Ham is rather pathetic, as the Andorran clubs are totally amateur, not one is paid. In fact, the best team in Andorra does not even play in the Andorra league, they play in a Spanish lower division.

They are asking whether the new Special One will be in Andorra tomorrow for the game. 

http://www.sport.es/es/noticias/futbol-internacional/tecnico-del-west-ham-falta-respeto-lusitans-andorra-4325661

I personally don't respect the Andorran national team, as the country is a bit of an opaque tax haven and lives on criminality, and people are not proud about the country, only about the money---but the clubs are different. Lusitans is a club of Portuguese immigrants, of which there are many ever since the 1960s.

BTW, they are not playing at the National Stadium in Andorra because there is a kids summer camp booked all week, which is kind of funny. The municipal stadium holds a bit more than a thousand, so West Ham would technically get 5% of tickets, or 50 in total. 

The other Andorra side lost 0-1 to Danish Randers, while in Champions Santa Coloma lost 1-2 to a side from Gibraltar tonight, which I think is a cool match-up.

Bilic wasn't on the bench because the first team was on pre season training in Ireland and West Ham's starting 11 was made up of reserve and youth players including a 16 year old. Unfortunately Lusitans spent most of the match rolling around on the ground. I did have a great time thought. Atmosphere was very relaxed and everyone seemed to be having a good time. And at £10 a ticket, they were able to sell out in a few days.

In the end, West Ham got an allocation of 450 tickets. Some are flying to Barcalona and then taking a coach while there is at least one coach going directly from London to Andorra.

Bilic wasn't on the bench because the first team was on pre season training in Ireland and West Ham's starting 11 was made up of reserve and youth players including a 16 year old. Unfortunately Lusitans spent most of the match rolling around on the ground. I did have a great time thought. Atmosphere was very relaxed and everyone seemed to be having a good time. And at £10 a ticket, they were able to sell out in a few days.

In the end, West Ham got an allocation of 450 tickets. Some are flying to Barcalona and then taking a coach while there is at least one coach going directly from London to Andorra.

Well I don't think you are doing a good job explaining Bilic's lack of respect and unwarranted arrogance by adding your comments, showing the same. Does that pretty well sum up the class of Hammer fans, and the mentality too?  Full stadium to watch a reserve side play an amateur team of Portuguese dishwashers and hotel clerks from Andorra. One thing is to be a fan, another to be a sucker.

That "rolling around on the ground" comment simply a typically English way of saying you did not have the ball and had to boot tackle to get it back. From an amateur side of hotel clerks. Pathetic.

I heard similar comments from the lowlifes who went to Barcelona in 2007 to watch an Andorra-England in the Olympic Stadium, in a match that was still a draw at the half. At least they had the good sense to realise they'd been conned and drove McClaren out soon after, shortest ever stint as an England manager.

Archived