Replacement for Fox Soccer Report??

masster

One of the things I miss most about the old Fox Sports World Canada channel was the Fox Soccer Report. I really enjoyed being able to watch highlights from all of the major leagues and matches around the world. They showed highlights for England, Spain, Germany, Italy, France, Netherlands, Portugal, Brazil, Argentina, MLS, etc, regardless of whether they were the rights holders or not. Once the station shut down, I was not able to find an adequate replacement. I eventually settled for the basic English-centric info that the main sports networks provide. But I really miss being in touch with what is going on in the rest of the world. Do any of the available specialty channels (BeInSports, GolTV, Sportsnet World) offer a similar nightly or weekly highlight show? I would happily subscribe if I could get all of the highlights in one place. Any suggestions?

^ There used to be a European roundup that aired on Saturday mornings that had Premier League results and news but without the inane post-match interviews with players and coaches that waste so much time on the current Sportsnet EPL roundup. Instead they had rapid fire reviews of the Bundesliga, Serie A, Belgian, Dutch and French Leagues with super-quick videos of the best goals and quick recaps of the standings. I wish we could get that show again.

And no offence meant to Gerry, Craig and Danny but I would rather not hear so much of your analysis on the roundup show. I enjoy it pre, mid and post match but when I watch the roundup I just want lots of goals, standings and important news bites.

Archived