Shamrock and roll!

alberta white

So, Shamrock Rovers eclipse the efforts of several 'wealthy' Scottish outfits and make it into the eErope League group stages, whilst beating a European 'Name' in Partizan Belgrade...

And draw...Tottenham, Russia's Rubin Kazan, and Paok FC from Greece in the Process.

I bet Father Dougal's running around like a dog wi'tree tails ( You'll have to have seen Father Ted to get that one)

What about ya! eH?

http://www.shamrockrovers.ie/

In case anyone (probably in Newfoundland or NB) is intrested....Not that I'm stereotyping or anything.

Don't have to stereotype.

What's interesting is that Irishtown NB (a suburb now of Moncton) is primarily a French speaking community close to Notre Dame and St Antoine. Even though allot of the Irish names persist.

I always find that Notre Dame (french name) and its associated with the "Fighting Irish" intresting.

All the "St Trinians" type schoolgirls of my youth back in Leeds, went to a catholic Irish Girls school called Notre Dame.

NUN! GIRRLS! FACK! Cup a tea! (Father Ted Jokes a plenty here)

Damn! I haven't checked the other groups yet but that seems like an unlucky draw. Well... nice in terms of sight-seeing, but tough on the football field.

Tottenham will be a good payday with a lot of "local" support. Maybe even the feel of a third round FA cup game.

White Heart Lane might feel a bit like its full of patronizing Plastic Paddy's though.

Really hope they do a number on spurs.

Archived