Storm/Mustangs/Aviators on FC Edmonton

Jason

I was looking at the Wikipedia entry for FC Edmonton, which seems to have a more up to date roster than their website. I realized there are still a few connections to the old Alberta pro clubs.

From the Calgary Storm/Mustangs: Chris Kooy, Chris Lemire, Conrad Smith. I remember Kyle Yamada played for the Calgary PDL side and I think Paul Hamilton and/or Andre Duberry might have as well.

From the Edmonton Aviators: Chris Lemire for sure and Antonio Rago I think. There might be more I can't remember their squad that well.

I'm quite sure I'm missing some players. Can anyone else help fill in the blanks? Also, is there any talk of other former Storm/Mustangs/Aviators giving FCE a shot? I am a bit surprised Nik Reyes didn't give it a try. He went out to Victoria only a year or so ago to try to get back into the PDL.

Jason

Antonio Rago was 13 or 14 years old before the Aviators crashed. His brother, Carmelo, might have had a cup of espresso.

Nik Reyes was not invited to FCE. Anyone remotely involved with the AMSL would know why.

OK, I must be thinking of Carmelo as I do remember a local Edmonton player with that last name on that club.

And I'm not even remotely involved with the AMSL so that statement doesn't help me much. I'm guessing that it must be something relating to him and the Edmonton players on FCE. Could you elaborate?

Jason

The FCE Assistant Coach and Reyes had a long relationship from their time together in Calgary, and that relationship soured a bit. Too bad - Nik might have helped. But in the end, Dave Randall has done good work with FCE, and his connections and success in Calgary have helped to create a good Alberta-based foundation on which to build the team.

I'm a little disappointed former Aviator Gordon Chin hasn't turned up with FC Edmonton after having a pretty good 2009 season with the Whitecaps.

Also, we all know Rick Titus is the team's future general manager.

I bumped into Gordon Chin during the Cascadia Summit in Seattle. He was considering going to Edmonton but unfortunately there was a death in the family and so he has decided to stay in the Vancouver area. This is too bad as I believe he would have been a great addition to that team.

Archived