Canadians abroad: January 28 - February 3, 2011

DJT

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Frank Jonke's club AC Oulu didn't get a license to play in the Finnish top flight this season due to their financial situation. The club is in big trouble financially with lots of debt they can't afford to pay for, which means they'll either be relegated to a very low division or cease to exist altogether.

This basically means that Jonke will have to find himself a new club in Finland or abroad. There's another Oulu-based club (OPS) in the First division, but I think it's more likely that he'll sign for a club in the top flight or move to another country.

Frank Jonke's club AC Oulu didn't get a license to play in the Finnish top flight this season due to their financial situation. The club is in big trouble financially with lots of debt they can't afford to pay for, which means they'll either be relegated to a very low division or cease to exist altogether.

This basically means that Jonke will have to find himself a new club in Finland or abroad. There's another Oulu-based club (OPS) in the First division, but I think it's more likely that he'll sign for a club in the top flight or move to another country.

Ya with his season last year I'm not too worried, that's really too bad for the players and supporters though

Ya with his season last year I'm not too worried, that's really too bad for the players and supporters though

Yeah, the club's new ground had just been renovated to meet the standards required, and Oulu would've played this season at the renewed sporting complex. It has a natural grass pitch, unlike their last home Castrén which has an artificial one. The city had invested quite a lot of money in it. It's obviously more than a pity for the players and the fans, too.

The renovated stadium "Raatti"

Archived