Jacovic's Absence Felt By Club And Country

powerof11

With the Men’s Canadian National Team currently in South America preparing for their next friendly match against Venezuela, Head Coach Stephen Hart has had to contend with training and playing without several of the team's key players. It's hard to speculate about the effect the presence of experienced veterans like Julian De Guzman, Atiba Hutchinson and Kevin McKenna might have had in Canada's recent 5-0 loss to Argentina in Buenos Aires, but it is safe to assume that Hart would have preferred to have them on the pitch. Another recent mainstay that the Canadian skipper had to play without was Dejan Jakovic of D.C. United, who is currently injured with a fractured clavicle.

http://www.rednationonline.ca/Jakovic_Abscence_Felt_By_Club_and_Country_may_28_10_article.shtml

I like what he brings to the team. I think he would have been disappointed with his performance vs Honduras in the GC quarterfinal, but as Soehn points out he has significant upside and should be a key foundation for the future in our squad. If he comes back from injury and is able to maintain his progress, I think he'll be playing outside of MLS sooner than later.

Archived