TFC vs. New England - Sat. May 22 [R]

Tuscan

TFC at the half, quite unlucky to not have potted one yet. Barrett of year's past reared his ugly head on that break in the second minute. It should have been finished, no excuses for that one.

The Revs don't look to be overly threatening, aside from that cross in the middle of the first half. Joseph has been a non-factor in this game.

good 3pts! TFC definitely had the majority of opportunities, could of had another goal or 2 but fatigue had its part in that.

Good game by Barrett.. Peterson showed something this time around, some pace there. Sanyang very active. Defense seems on the same page, as long as Cann is there, anyway.

good 3pts! TFC definitely had the majority of opportunities, could of had another goal or 2 but fatigue had its part in that.

In South Africa right now with only limited internet access so couldn't watch the game. Logged in this morning expecting to read they had lost so that's a pleasant surprise especially with Nick Garcia at centre back in addition to no JDG and DeRosario and Shalrie Joseph back for the Revolution. :) Good to read that Hscanovics was able to cope with Nyassi this time. He has a lot to offer on the overlap if he can deal with players taking him on for pace at the back. Moving from the semi-pro Latvian league to MLS is probably a big step up in that regard.

I haven t been able to watch TFC lately but that s some impressive results. They gave up only 3 goals in their last 8 games with only one loss. Barrett seems to be in good form as well which is nice. Who would ve believe that the answer to TFC defensive problems of last year was Adrian Cann....

I haven t been able to watch TFC lately but that s some impressive results. They gave up only 3 goals in their last 8 games with only one loss. Barrett seems to be in good form as well which is nice. Who would ve believe that the answer to TFC defensive problems of last year was Adrian Cann....

TBH, I think Barrett should have scored at least 3 goals yesterday. He does everything right but when it's time to put the ball on the net...

TBH, I think Barrett should have scored at least 3 goals yesterday. He does everything right but when it's time to put the ball on the net...

You know what, I agree. That break he had in the first two or three minutes should have been finished. It was sloppy ball control that bit him, but even still, in on goal like that with daylight, that kind of a chance needs to be finished. TFC still need a DP striker in my opinion, just not Dickhead or whatever his name is ;)

Cann brought two things they need, size, and a defender that doesn't run around like a chicken with its head cut off. :)

About Hscanovics.. he wasn't beaten this time around but he made two big mistakes. Around the 7 minute mark into the game he muffed a header back to the keeper (it almost went straight up) and NE nearly scored. And then late in the game he gave the ball away in his own zone. Not sure if it was a bad pass, or just a blind clearance, but it went straight to the feet of a NE player, and that also led to a good chance for NE.

You know what, I agree. That break he had in the first two or three minutes should have been finished. It was sloppy ball control that bit him, but even still, in on goal like that with daylight, that kind of a chance needs to be finished. TFC still need a DP striker in my opinion, just not Dickhead or whatever his name is ;)

Considering what was at stake, one league match, it didn't matter at end because TFC got the 3 pts, but it's likely TFC will play the CONCACAF Champions League and if that's the case, missing so many chances in a playoff match against Motagua (first rival of the Voyageur Cup winner) would be unacceptable.

Archived