Toronto FC @ Los Angeles Galaxy. May 15

I thought that tactically the team was well organized and the players performed to their strengths. Sanyang isn't reminding anyone of Makele in his prime but his positioning, defensive support, and ballwinning were effective last evening. A guy I usually rag on, Saric, had a good game. The CB partnership had a tough task this evening but they were up to the job. That was a really quality performance by Attakora: he's so tough in a 1 v 1 situation regardless on the MLS opponent (speedy or brawny) and Cann seems to be an excellent complementary partner. Garcia, like in the Mtl game, didn't seem like he was really tested: I don't like the prospect of his facing a direct winger like Nyassi. Yet, in spite of this, the Latvian guy remains on the outside looking in, though I wonder if he'll get a start in Vancouver. The Russian's foul, though cynical, probably prevented a big time opportunity; I'm still not that high on him. Frei was mint when he needed to be and saved the day near the death.

Strong effort by Gala: great work rate and a super ball to Barrett. I think he plays better on his natural port side, IMO.

That was the hardest working game TFC has possibly ever played. I've never seen so many guys go all out and dive in to everything to stifle any attacking chances. I don't think Buddle had any clear chances on goal, and Donovan seemed relatively invisible. It was pretty sweet cuz we watched the game during my bros bachelor party. Imagine a bunch of guys who normally don't watch soccer all getting wasted at the bar watching this TFC game really getting into it (for TFC once they were made aware who TFC are) and going crazy for the huge save right at the end of the game. This one might have just made a few new fans of at least soccer if not TFC.

Archived