Ryan Fante

wretchedguy

Hi all,

I'm the co-owner of the fan blog for Sengkang Punggol FC, a professional team in Singapore's S.League, or better known as the current home of ex-Toronto Lynx players Murphy Wiredu and and Jordan Webb.

Both of them have started the season real well and has recently helped the club achieved 3rd place in the League Cup. In the league where we've played four matches thus far, Jordan leads the team goalscoring (three goals in the first three games) while Murphy puts his combative nature to great use in an all action defensive midfield role. Needless to say both have already earned quite a bit of fan following over here.

Here comes my question.

In our match last night, we came upon a new Canadian import in the form of Ryan Fante who came out of nowhere and replaced our other foreign signing.

I'm doing a research on him in the hope of doing a writeup about the player but other than a Youtube clip and that he is a friend of Jordan, not much else about the guy can be found.

So here I am, requesting your help on any info regarding his playing career, stats and accolades if any.

Any info would be much appreciated.

http://fishoutofwaterspfc.wordpress.com/2010/03/15/s-league-2010-match-4/#more-2874

I've never heard of this guy, but did some digging.

Not a huge resume. Hasn't been part of our national youth setup as far as I can tell. Got on the bench for the Toronto FC Reserves for a match or two in 2007, and appeared for the Italia Shooters of the Canadian Soccer League in 2008-09. His career has seemingly been entirely spent in Ontario, so we may want to wait for one of the Eastern experts to chime in.

Doesn't seem to be a very distinguished signing, though.

Yes, I know who Ryan Fante is, and im pretty sure I have played against him.

How they all know each is other through the top Ontario amateur team G.S United in the Ontario Soccer Leagie whom Murphy and Jordan used to play for. Fante played for last year in 2009 Summer G.S is pretty much a factory and gets the top amateur players in Ontario. Against Peterborough, a team last year, Ryan had 6 goals, 5 before the 1st half! He is a very good finisher/

Beyond G.S, I believe he is a former guest player with Toronto FC (MLS) reserves and played just one game (wore #30) and came in at 60 minutes to replace Andrea Lombardo, a former TFC player.

Before going to G.S, he played for Hearts Azzuri in 2006 and 2007 and won leading goal scorer as well as Rookie of the Year in OSL Provincial East. He tried the semi-pro waters that year playing/training for Portuguese Supra (now Toronto FC)

His accolades include:

HONOURS:

2007 OSL Provincial East Rookie of the Year

2007 Toronto FC (Major League Soccer, MLS) Preseason Training Camp

2006 OSL Central Region East Leading Goal Scorer

2004 North York Hearts Azzurri S.C U18 League, Ontario Cup and National Champions

2003-2004 Pine Ridge S.S Sr. Boys Soccer MVP

2001 Sporting Lisbon Training, Portugal

1999 Sporting Toronto, League Leading Goal Scorer

1998 Stadium Newspaper Portuguese Cup MVP

• 1 month later...

Archived