WC for TFC for CCL?

tmcmurph

http://www.canadian-soccer.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=19952

I don't think signing Sandro Grande would be a good idea for TFC because they have lots of coverage at that position.

Now central defender? I'm of the opinion that most teams could use a seasoned vet in that role. With the Caps releasing Wesley Charles it could be a good pickup for TFC just for play in the CCL.

He isn't very fast but a big imposing presence, great with his head and good feet. Sign him for the rest of the season with an option and see how it goes.

quote:Originally posted by bettermirror

Too slow for CENTRAL DEFENDER.

He's as fast as Adrian Serioux and think about having the 2 of them at CD with Marvel and Nana on the wings. That would be one hell of a back 4.

Very good at positioning himself for headers on corners and long balls, good in the air, good feet especially for a big guy and a very intimidating fellow.

I've always thought he was a very solid CD in the year plus I've seen him play with the Caps. He would fit under the salary cap no problem and you could try him out for the rest of the season cheap.

I would take him on my squad, any day. He was fantastic in the first leg of the semi-finals played in Montreal last October. He's intimidating back there, and would add amzing depth to TFC. He also has Cocacrap experience, which is a plus, if they end up playing in places like T&T, Honduras, etc.

He didn't seem to have an atitude problem last year. Maybe he just needs a change of scenery.

Archived