bye bye Scolari

pulsar

As a Chelsea Supporter from the pre Roman days, it's nice to have money, but it shows you that it doesn't always buy happiness. I like the move as Scolari obviously could not handle the daily ups and downs of club management at such a high level with so many egos as well.

There have been whispers of Riijkard, Deschamps, Grant returning... who knows but Riijkard did pretty nicely at Barcelona with tons of egos, so that's not a bad option. Deschamps is a Chelsea alumni who managed Juve. We shall see who they bring in, but considering they are still in FA Cup and alive in the Champions League, now was the best time to make a move.

Guest Jeffery S.

Chapi Ferrer who was there under Ranieri spoke today about the interest in getting Zola, speculating about a possible buy out of his contract. But also though he might stay loyal to his current opportunity.

The easy option is Avram Grant as he is close to the owner and they don't have to spend any time to get things clear.

Rijkaard is too soft and too passive, he did not handle the Barça egos at all, he just let them go, and while they went the right way he looked like a good coach. But I think that he is technically inferior to most and compared to Guardiola a total neophyte, he even screwed up the starting line up of Barcelona's Champions League final vs. Arsenal and only after had to rectify by pulling Van Bommell, a useless player if there ever was one.

quote:Originally posted by tmac55

As a Chelsea Supporter from the pre Roman days, it's nice to have money, but it shows you that it doesn't always buy happiness. I like the move as Scolari obviously could not handle the daily ups and downs of club management at such a high level with so many egos as well.

There have been whispers of Riijkard, Deschamps, Grant returning... who knows but Riijkard did pretty nicely at Barcelona with tons of egos, so that's not a bad option. Deschamps is a Chelsea alumni who managed Juve. We shall see who they bring in, but considering they are still in FA Cup and alive in the Champions League, now was the best time to make a move.

You would have more of an interest than this as I am a Juve fan but ( and this is without any proof of facts ) I just can't believe Scolari would could cave that easily. It's a different world managing club football as opposed to managing a national team, but it seems the air is not clean in Chelsea . Why would Roman get rid of Avram at the end of last season? Is there not a period of adjustment ( quit laughing everyone, i know we are talking about soccer)? Scolari was behind the 8 ball from the beginning with this team.

I always thought Scolari was overrated so this doesn't come as a surprise to me. He could never win the big games with Portugal either, except with PKs which I don't think has anything to do with the manager (despite having home advantage in 2004 and playing against 10 man in 2006). Then there was that swipe he took at a Serbian player. [:o)]

quote:Originally posted by amacpher

I always thought Scolari was overrated so this doesn't come as a surprise to me. He could never win the big games with Portugal either, except with PKs which I don't think has anything to do with the manager (despite having home advantage in 2004 and playing against 10 man in 2006). Then there was that swipe he took at a Serbian player. [:o)]

He won the world cup. He can win big games. My guess is that he can't extract the talent outta the players he has to coach. Luckily for him he had a talented brazil squad in '02. I don't think he can get players to break beyond what they already bring to the field. Ferguson can do this, Capello can do this, Lippi can do this; Hell, i would even say Moyes can do this...But Scolari? Maybe he just had a bad run.....

Archived