Gillingham (Jackson)0-1 Colchester

Jackson starts and plays 75 mins.

MK Dons (Gerba) 0-1 Bournemouth

No Gerba

Conference Premier

Crawley (Rayner) 2-2 Forest Green

Rayner plays 90 mins

quote:Originally posted by loyola

Adam Street in goal for WHU U-18's in a 2-0 loss to Pompey U-18's.

Yesterday he was on the bench for the reserves game, a 4-1 loss to Fulham.

Thanks for the Street update.

The latest news about Canada's other exciting 17 year old GK, Robert Stillo, is that he backstopped Genoa's U18's to a 1-1 draw vs Juve's U18s.

Furthermore, Genoa's 1st team manager, Gasperini, has also told Stillo to continue training with the 1st team for at least 1 more week because they like what they've seen from him the past 2 weeks. He's been participating in training field mini-games and holding his own with the big boys.

It bodes well for Canada to have 2-3 young and up and coming GKs playing regularly at a high level and doing well.

Guest Jeffery S.
quote:Originally posted by JoeSoccerFan

Good news about Stillo...I know I'm getting ahead of myself, but would he be the first Canadian to play in Serie A?

I think Sandro Grande played for Brescia, a few minutes maybe. Was it preseason, Coppa, or an official Serie A match? Anyone remember?

quote:Originally posted by JoeSoccerFan

Good news about Stillo...I know I'm getting ahead of myself, but would he be the first Canadian to play in Serie A?

I have said it from the begining, since I introduced Robert Stillo to the site as then and now he has a very good chance of moving up the latter and is highly expect to become a excellent goalkeeper. He has all the tools to become the first Canadian player to play in Serie A, he has good coaching staff a good club and now experience at a higher level of play would be correct and mostlikely it may come as early as Janurary.

I beleive if he can get up in the Primavera from his Berretti as a starting keeper over Lamantia surely that would be a good indication.

Go get them Robert, and Alex we both would be so proud of an accomplish of such a difficult task to play in Serie A League game for the first time in history and truly hope Robert as well as mine and or others elimate this long overdue possiblity to truth and not fiction.

Archived