London City

m14

London City does not pay its players.

The team has only 1 point this season so, clearly, they are not a very good team. They are quite young as well.

There are a lot of questions about the organization and the way its run since the club's founder unfortunately fell ill.

quote:Originally posted by VPjr

London City does not pay its players.

The team has only 1 point this season so, clearly, they are not a very good team. They are quite young as well.

There are a lot of questions about the organization and the way its run since the club's founder unfortunately fell ill.

Yes, they do pay some of their players. The reason they are such a bad team is because of the club's founder who has alienated most of the area talent!

London is full of talent. We perform well at the OFSAA high school championships(We've won the last two!) and it's a well known fact within London that our best players won't play for London City and instead play in the WOSL! For example London AEK lost the Ontario Cup Final 1-nil vs Real Toronto(which included Rick Titus, Kadian Lecky and Hayden Fitzwilliam and they we're playing with 10 men)... two years ago AEK lost 1-0 to the Toronto Lynx... and AEK didn't even win WOSL this year!

I realize this won't blow anyone away with talent level if we're talking about National team type players, however, London City are a bad organization because they are poorly run, not because London lacks talent or doesn't pay players!

quote:Originally posted by Tyson M

Yes, they do pay some of their players. The reason they are such a bad team is because of the club's founder who has alienated most of the area talent!

London is full of talent. We perform well at the OFSAA high school championships(We've won the last two!) and it's a well known fact within London that our best players won't play for London City and instead play in the WOSL! For example London AEK lost the Ontario Cup Final 1-nil vs Real Toronto(which included Rick Titus, Kadian Lecky and Hayden Fitzwilliam and they we're playing with 10 men)... two years ago AEK lost 1-0 to the Toronto Lynx... and AEK didn't even win WOSL this year!

I realize this won't blow anyone away with talent level if we're talking about National team type players, however, London City are a bad organization because they are poorly run, not because London lacks talent or doesn't pay players!

thanks for clarifying...I was under the distinct impression they were all amateur this year.

I am in total agreement that the London area has the talent to field a very good CSL side. I never suggested that there is a lack of talent in that part of the province.

I also agree that London City has more enemies than friends in the local soccer community.

Once the CSL deals with Windsor, I'd like to see them cast a hard look at London City and see what can be done to clean up that mess.

Archived