Aquilini joins Kerfoot's MLS bid?

Johnnie Monster

Guest Jeffery S.

I hope it is not true. Kerfoot's alliance with Mallet is more interesting, and their style is obviously different than Aquilini's.

I just figured it was an error as well.

I really don't see that much of a problem with Aquilini supporting Kerfoot's bid. Aquilini has a lot of money also and it could boost the bid's chances.

He also has an interest in soccer.

As long as Aquilini relinquishes the idea of a new Stadium at Swangard and doesn't form a bid to directly compete with Kerfoot, because those things would be counterproductive.

Can we get a timeline of upcoming events here? When do the Whitecaps submit their MLS proposal / bid and when does the MLS vote on the winning cities?

Unrelated but of interest, Aquilini finally won his battle with evicting the Madame Cleos Massage Parlour at 1094 Richards (closed).

I hear the final day was quite eventful. "Staff" dumped bedsheets and garbage out the windows and into the back lane.

quote:Originally posted by Bill

Not many have discussed the implications of Vancouver losing the bid.

That's because the Whitecaps bid is such a slam dunk, and because they've been talking with MLS for so long, it simply isn't a possibility.

And Aquilini will have nothing to do with it. He's in direct competition for future concert dates with a downtown stadium. That's why he's been rumoured to be applying.

quote:Originally posted by GoF

Not sure how all the rules stand in the MLS but if the Whitecaps lost their bid is there anything to stop Aqulini buying another Club and moving them to Vancouver?

The CSA and possibly FIFA would have to approve such a move. Given that Kerfoot provided funding for the women's program and and a massive player development program the CSA would be daft to side with Aqulini. Although this is the CSA, so anything is possible.

Archived