To our friends in Jamaica

quote:Originally posted by Juby

you shouldn't make fun of someone for talking differently. There English is not inferior to yours, it's just different. You may feel differently in the subject if you were a quebecois who heard a person from France refer to Quebecois as dog speak.

Physician heal thyself, you might want to stop calling people retards.

Johnnie, you can't put Bad Boyz, that insinuates the Jamaicans are criminals. No, no, no we can't have that.

Boy, there was a time when PC just wasn't a part of this board's makeup, times do change.

What the heck happened in that 'Gae Boyz" thread....

At the risk of sounding like I am defending anyone, I don't think 'Gae Boyz would offend most Jamaicans. I personally thought the poster was just being his lazy self and shortened Reggae to 'gae.... I guess if I am paranoid and not confident in my manhood, I can see it - but all I see is just a lazy clown on the internet. Like I have posted before - the Canadian (TO in this case) female population, as accomodating as they are, will surely defend us in this area.

As for the other nonsense about how we choose to post on the Boyz site -- lets just say some here are showing their utter ignorance and stupidity. The boyz choose to post in Patois, because its their site and they can do as they please - don't like it, don't click on it. I'll go out on a limb and say from what I have seen here, there are more lawyers, doctors, CPA's, MBAs and in general more professionals on that site than this one.

Edit to say --- this is my last non football related post.

quote:Originally posted by Joe MacCarthy

Physician heal thyself, you might want to stop calling people retards.

Johnnie, you can't put Bad Boyz, that insinuates the Jamaicans are criminals. No, no, no we can't have that.

Boy, there was a time when PC just wasn't a part of this board's makeup, times do change.

sorry, I equate racists with retards (not the handicapped, more the hillbilly brand) so sue me (or call the human rights commission and complain about how hard it is to be a white hick) and your just backtracking cause you were clearly talking ****. and I thought bad boyz was okay cause it is an inner circle song, and inner circle are from jamaica?

uhh, I'm not a newb, and how am I at all racist? for calling you white trash? well I didn't call all white people white trash now did I dumb ass. calling you a retard isn't racist either, retard. And who said you shouldn't be proud of your background? and what exactly does that have to do with you making bull**** statements about black people? is it too much to ask that you don't say bigotist and racist comments? you act like the board would grind to a halt if you can't judge people based on their race, country of origin or how they talk.

quote:Originally posted by Juby

uhh, I'm not a newb,

To me you are :)

You sure like to throw around those R words for people who disagree with you. I guess I'm in good company with the Jamaicans you are calling racists and retards at their site. Again physician, heal thyself.

I didn't call you a racist till you tried to say that black people committed the majority of crime in toronto and that most of em are welfare, I'm done with this, and I'm seriously sorry for letting this dumbass detract me. He is obviously to much of a dumbass to get any point through to and just makes up his own weird narrative as he goes (the whole white people shouldn't be proud bit came right outta nowhere, clearly he is just typing and not reading).

Joe, honestly, your just sour because you said something racist and because your too much of a chicken **** to admit when your wrong and be like 'my bad' you've become bitter and disgruntled. Why can't you realize that this is no place to attack the charecter of black people in general, it was unrelated, it is unrelated, and it embarresses the hell out of me and others to be associated with your opinions. once again, I'm sorry and I'm done with this, even when he makes his hillbilly response.

I'm really sorry that your white guilt complex doesn't allow you to believe your own police chief had crime statistics that showed black people were committing most of the crime. That is a fact, whether you care to bury your head in the sand or not.

The fact that they might have been Jamaican or Afro-Caribbean is almost incidental. Poor people commit more crime, be they black, white or red, in this case it was black. But being poor doesn't excuse one's behaviour.

So your new euphemism for white trash retard is hillbilly. I've been called worse by more intelligent posters here.

When I'm bored, sometimes I like to expose the hypocritical PC crowd and you've been exposed. You're no better than me. The evidence is there to see at the Gae Boyz board.

Don't feel bad, in ten years there's only been one guy who hasn't made a total ass out of himself at one time or another at the various Canadian forums. Try guessing, here's a hint, it ain't me.

Archived